question about gps locator apps

family guy 4946

Reaction score
Hello all, new user here, just got my first smart phone, moto droid, and I have a question abour the GPS locator applications. Sales person advised to get Mobile Defense but they're not taking any new customers right now I guess. I ended up trying Droid Finder. It's ok, the GPS maps it to within 20 feet or so, I guess that's good. What I don't like is that it notifies whoever has the phone that a text has been sent to it. Are there any applications that don't notify the phone that it is being located. Free would be nice too. Any suggestions? Thanks much.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
You could try WaveSecure; pretty sure the text message it sends doesn't state anything about GPS being used, and the message is automatically deleted soon after. The application is not free however.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WaveSecure is the only other app I know of. I think it cost about 20.00 and it should be in the Market. It's just been taken over by McAffee. Don't know how you feel about them, I'm alright with them.

OP
F

family guy 4946

Reaction score
Guess I wasn't totally clear, the text my phone gets just says text from unknown sender, doesn't say anything about being located. What I'm looking for is nothing sent to the phone at all. Good thing about Droid Finder is it's free. My screen name shud be Cheap@$$, lol