Best restaurant finder app based on location

twinjax

Reaction score
Best restaurant finder app based on current location? Free or cost. I guess it has to match with your gps location.

Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is a great app for that. There's also Open Table, which is mainly for restaurants that you can place a reservation. Both of those are free. Many others as well, like Fast Food Finder or Chinese Restaurant (also free).

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 for Where...

DroidDoc

Reaction score
At least in my experience in a fairly large city, Google Local has worked well, but also use Open Table on weekends during busy times . . .

b0n3s

Reaction score
Where, where or where choose one LOL:)
Its a great app!

authority11

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about Where is that it has given me a lot of restaurant results that are not in business anymore :(

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use the "what's nearby" function with Google Maps... worked great for me this past weekend in Boston.

bgdave

Reaction score
Food Finder is exactly what you are looking for. It basically just used google maps but it breaks it down by type of food and distance to make it much easier to use.

Guurzak

Reaction score
Yep, the built in Google functions do just fine. Longpress search, say "restaurants nearby", done. I also use Open Table.

flavious27

Reaction score
From google mobile's main page they have near me now if you have gps enabled. They break it down to different categories.

Opentables is free and you can set a reservation on-line. Better establishments use them, so you can weed out dives that Guy wouldn't even go to.

Yelp gives you user reviews, also free.

Or you could spend the $10 and get the Zagat app.

Crimsongost

Reaction score
I use Poynt and Zagat. Tried Where, Sherpa, Local, good food, bla bla and went back to poynt. Open table is good in large citys.