Question about Droid X's UI

Thorax3

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying the Droid X currently, so I went to a Verizon store to play around with one. I also looked at the Droid Incredible. I felt that the Droid Incredible's menu was quick and smooth. On the other hand, the Droid X was slower and when scrolling around on the main menu, the actions seemed to run at a lower "frame rate" (for lack of a better word).

Is this a current problem with the Droid X, or just how it is maybe? Perhaps it was running too many apps in the background or its memory was being used up by something else. I wasn't sure how to check that. Also, is this the way the Droid X handles in general, such as while playing games, or using the web browser? Maybe it wasn't running the latest version of Android. I really don't know, just trying to be more specific with my question.

Thanks in advance.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
What you were probably seeing was a combination of a phone with motocr*p and probably too many things running. I have the X and its not slow. Once rooted and rom'd it very fast. I also use launcher pro plus which also increases the interface speed. If you don't feel like waiting for the new phones coming then you won't be disappointed with the X. The incredible is also a very nice phone. The biggest problem with that one is the battery life.

dwray

Reaction score
You actually don't even have to root the phone to speed it up. The launcher on the X is just slow in general, but can be remedied by downloading a home replacement like LauncherPro or ADW. I have an X, and my wife got the Incredible. Even before rooting and installing Liberty ROM, LauncherPro made my home screen and app drawer about 25% faster than her Incredible.

xliderider

Reaction score
All of the above. I played with two different Droid X's in two different stores before buying, and the difference between the two was tremendous. The first was slow and laggy, I had an original Droid at the time, so I knew the X should've performed much better.

People tend to load all kinds of apps on the demo phones in the store and mess up the settings, so your experience on a demo phone can suffer.

OP
T

Thorax3

Reaction score
Good to hear all of this. Thanks for the responses everyone.