question about deleted texts/backups

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone SE (Second Generation)
Twitter
n/a
hey guys! my ex and i wanted to delete our text conversation from our phones (for obv reasons lol) and i’m getting a new phone in a month or so. anyways my question is since i deleted the entire text conversation and backed up my phone afterwards, the texts will not return on our new phones correct?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. I would think since you have deleted it would be safe to backup and not have it on new phone.. What messaging app? What phone do you have and which one are you getting?

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a
Welcome to the forum.. I would think since you have deleted it would be safe to backup and not have it on new phone.. What messaging app? What phone do you have and which one are you getting?

thank you : ) and i have the s8 right now i’m not entirely sure what i’m going to be getting next kinda just depends where i’m at financially by then.

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a

and it’s just the standard messaging app that comes with the phone

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a
Ah gotcha ...As long you don’t back up with message it will not come back when you restore on new phone

do you mean as long as i don’t backup my next phone with that message on my current phone? bc i already deleted it and backed up after. sorry i’m just a little confused with all of this.

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a
Ah gotcha ...As long you don’t back up with message it will not come back when you restore on new phone

or did you mean not backing up with the actual message app

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
or did you mean not backing up with the actual message app
No worries.. Since you deleted it would not show up once you set up new phone.. I always like to set up my new phones as new no backups I find it easier and clean for new.. But you will be fine otherwise

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a
No worries.. Since you deleted it would not show up once you set up new phone.. I always like to set up my new phones as new no backups I find it easier and clean for new.. But you will be fine otherwise

awesome, thanks for the help.

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a

sorry last question lol does it matter what phone i have? i got a samsung and have google drive set up. or is it the same for all phones after you delete and backup.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
sorry last question lol does it matter what phone i have? i got a samsung and have google drive set up. or is it the same for all phones after you delete and backup.
I've used Samsung and Pixel phones along with others.. Drive once you sign in will be the same on all phones... I've never used Samsung backup I know of you get can transfer from one Samsung device to other with their backup ... Android in general backups Im not a fan.. I used SMS backup pro for my messages and call logs across devices... I like to set up new on new phones...

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a
I've used Samsung and Pixel phones along with others.. Drive once you sign in will be the same on all phones... I've never used Samsung backup I know of you get can transfer from one Samsung device to other with their backup ... Android in general backups Im not a fan.. I used SMS backup pro for my messages and call logs across devices... I like to set up new on new phones...

also since the deleted conversation had mms in it (photos/videos) along with sms will both of those be deleted? i ask this because google drive claims it doesn’t backup mms, only sms. but since i had deleted the entire conversation it still wouldn’t come back right?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
also since the deleted conversation had mms in it (photos/videos) along with sms will both of those be deleted? i ask this because google drive claims it doesn’t backup mms, only sms. but since i had deleted the entire conversation it still wouldn’t come back right?
I would double check your photos gallery to make sure it didn't back up anything but I would expect that to be deleted along with the whole conversation.. I've never restored any text through Google Drive... Have you been able to restore previously?

OP
P

professionalgeek88

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
n/a

hmm alright. i mean i already deleted the conversation and none of those photos/videos moved over to my camera roll after backing up my current phone so i should be good wouldnt you think?