Deleting single texts

vegasdroid

Reaction score
I have a question about deleting texts. At work, the management communicates with us using texts, which they send out to us several times a day. Most of them can be deleted as soon as we have read them, but some of them need to be saved for future reference. My problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to delete the single texts that I don't want, while saving the ones that I want to keep. In the menu the only option that it gives me is to delete the entire thread. So my choice is to keep everything or loose everything. Can anyone help me delete just one message in a thread.
Thanks

Stigy

Reaction score
To delete a single message from a text thread:

1) Press & hold the text messsage you would like to delete.
2) Pop-up menu should now appear with options for that on message.
3) Towards the bottom, click Delete Message.

That will delete only that single text message instead of the entire thread.

OP
vegasdroid

vegasdroid

Reaction score
It worked

Thanks Stigy, it worked. I have to admit that when I rated the Droid I gave it a 3 because I was having a hard time figuring out how to do a lot of things with it, as this is my first smart phone, but the more I play with it, and the more I learn about it, from here and on my own, the more I'm liking this phone. So my rating is now a 4, and moving up. :)

Stigy

Reaction score
Thanks Stigy, it worked. I have to admit that when I rated the Droid I gave it a 3 because I was having a hard time figuring out how to do a lot of things with it, as this is my first smart phone, but the more I play with it, and the more I learn about it, from here and on my own, the more I'm liking this phone. So my rating is now a 4, and moving up. :)
No problemo!

The best thing about Android is the community.

If you have any other questions do a quick search and if you can't find your answer post and ask. There are tons of people, including myself, that are willing to help people new to the device & the Android platform.