Question about call volume...

kbayer

Reaction score
I work in a very noisy environment. For incoming calls on on phones with dual front-facing speakers like the moto x style and nexus p, do both speakers operate, or does the incoming caller's voice only play through the top speaker by default? I'm just wondering if the powerful speakers on the Nexus 6p is going to make a difference on regular phone calls.
I could not get anyone to demo incoming call volume at AT&T. They said that their display phones are not set-up to take incoming calls. Who woulda thought?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Speakerphone only comes through the bottom speaker on my 6P.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
kbayer

kbayer

Reaction score
Oh really? That's a surprise... I would have thought the working speaker would be the top, by the ear... thanks!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work in a very noisy environment. For incoming calls on on phones with dual front-facing speakers like the moto x style and nexus p, do both speakers operate, or does the incoming caller's voice only play through the top speaker by default? I'm just wondering if the powerful speakers on the Nexus 6p is going to make a difference on regular phone calls.
I could not get anyone to demo incoming call volume at AT&T. They said that their display phones are not set-up to take incoming calls. Who woulda thought?
Try calling your voicemail or some other automated number you're used to the volume with. It's what I use for testing purposes
Plantronics has a test number for their earpieces that'll work as well. 1-866-210-2157.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Reactions: CJM
OP
kbayer

kbayer

Reaction score
Try calling your voicemail or some other automated number you're used to the volume with. It's what I use for testing purposes
Plantronics has a test number for their earpieces that'll work as well. 1-866-210-2157.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Awesome... thanks!