[Q] About .906

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
How many D3 owners have update to the new. 906 update? Please post if you have installed it. Post if you're having issues, also. And if you ARE having issues, what issues are you having? Happy posting! :D

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Any enhancements?

GolfOx

Reaction score
Wife's replacement was a new phone with 906 about three weeks ago. Has been good so far. The most noticeable improvement is the camera is quicker and smoother.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
Got it yesterday and so far the only difference I've seen is that it reloaded ALL THE BLOATWARE and unrooted me. Other than that I can't tell the difference.

Lorek

Reaction score
I have it too, seems like my D3 is a lot slower and it is always redrawing. The camera is a lot better though!

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump. Come on, guys. Tell us your experience.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump!

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Got it yesterday and so far the only difference I've seen is that it reloaded ALL THE BLOATWARE and unrooted me. Other than that I can't tell the difference.

Just downloaded it. So we have to root our phones all over again after the update?

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Just downloaded it. So we have to root our phones all over again after the update?

Yes. With the Droid 4 root exploit, motofail.

doogald

Reaction score
Bump. Come on, guys. Tell us your experience.

I was part of the soak test, so I have had the update for a week. The phone continues to run fine for me post-update, 10 days since I received it; specifically, three items were fixed that I noticed:

- the phone can be restored from sleep mode (long-press power and choose Sleep) without a battery pull and restart. You just long-press power while in sleep mode and the phone comes back, just as it was, within a few seconds - it's definitely faster than shutting down and restarting if you are on a plane, for example

- the phone does not spontaneously start after shutting down. Speaking of planes, this happened to me twice on a flight last February. I was very glad that I had silenced the phone first.

- As noted, the camera is better. I still use a better third party camera app, though.

SJBBF

Reaction score
After about a week, no noticeable difference. Yes, the phone does not restart after powering down. I notice a slight instantaneous camera response on the stock app. But I use Camera ICS, and that has a slight lag anyway.
The one weird thing is my phone tries to make calls to the last person I dialed when using headphones and Google music or amazon MP3. That happens with the old and new versions. Anyone ever experience that?

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Cool, guys. I'm think I might just update and wait for the SBF to release before modifying the system. Hopefully it releases soon. Anybody else update and like it so far?

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok, so I updated to 5.7.906 and I've spent the last three or so hours trying to root. Motofail wouldn't work for me too well on my laptop, and another program I downloaded wouldn't work, either. Well, I figured since I was running Windows 8 on my laptop, that's why it wouldn't work right. So, I got on my mom's laptop because it's running Windows 7 and I downloaded that second program and ran it. Thankfully, that second program did the trick on windows 7, not so much on 8. I don't know how many people have heard of this other program, but it's called CASUAL. Anyway, it worked wonders for me. Here are two links, the first is the article I read about it in, and the second is the official post/forum on XDA:

http://fairandroid.com/how-to-root-motorola-droid-razr-3-4-bionic-one-click-tool/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1586570
- Official thread

I just wanted to point other people in the direction of this program. It is used to root BOTH ICS AND Gingerbread, and it does use Motofail. But it's two programs in one. I like it, honestly. I highly recommend it. :D:D:D

Lorek

Reaction score
I also notice when I put my phone in sleep mode then I wake up my phone it will reboot half the time