1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Q] About .906

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by cobravnm13, May 12, 2012.

1. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

How many D3 owners have update to the new. 906 update? Please post if you have installed it. Post if you're having issues, also. And if you ARE having issues, what issues are you having? Happy posting! :D

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe New Member

I have it. I don't see any difference. No issues.
  3. cobravnm13

Any enhancements?

4. GolfOx

GolfOx New Member

Wife's replacement was a new phone with 906 about three weeks ago. Has been good so far. The most noticeable improvement is the camera is quicker and smoother.
  5. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

Got it yesterday and so far the only difference I've seen is that it reloaded ALL THE BLOATWARE and unrooted me. Other than that I can't tell the difference.
  6. Lorek

Lorek New Member

I have it too, seems like my D3 is a lot slower and it is always redrawing. The camera is a lot better though!
  7. cobravnm13

Bump. Come on, guys. Tell us your experience.

8. cobravnm13

Bump!

9. Droid3Guy

Droid3Guy New Member

Just downloaded it. So we have to root our phones all over again after the update?
  10. cobravnm13

Yes. With the Droid 4 root exploit, motofail.

11. doogald

doogald Member

I was part of the soak test, so I have had the update for a week. The phone continues to run fine for me post-update, 10 days since I received it; specifically, three items were fixed that I noticed:

- the phone can be restored from sleep mode (long-press power and choose Sleep) without a battery pull and restart. You just long-press power while in sleep mode and the phone comes back, just as it was, within a few seconds - it's definitely faster than shutting down and restarting if you are on a plane, for example

- the phone does not spontaneously start after shutting down. Speaking of planes, this happened to me twice on a flight last February. I was very glad that I had silenced the phone first.

- As noted, the camera is better. I still use a better third party camera app, though.
  12. SJBBF

SJBBF New Member

After about a week, no noticeable difference. Yes, the phone does not restart after powering down. I notice a slight instantaneous camera response on the stock app. But I use Camera ICS, and that has a slight lag anyway.
    The one weird thing is my phone tries to make calls to the last person I dialed when using headphones and Google music or amazon MP3. That happens with the old and new versions. Anyone ever experience that?
  13. cobravnm13

Cool, guys. I'm think I might just update and wait for the SBF to release before modifying the system. Hopefully it releases soon. Anybody else update and like it so far?

14. cobravnm13

Ok, so I updated to 5.7.906 and I've spent the last three or so hours trying to root. Motofail wouldn't work for me too well on my laptop, and another program I downloaded wouldn't work, either. Well, I figured since I was running Windows 8 on my laptop, that's why it wouldn't work right. So, I got on my mom's laptop because it's running Windows 7 and I downloaded that second program and ran it. Thankfully, that second program did the trick on windows 7, not so much on 8. I don't know how many people have heard of this other program, but it's called CASUAL. Anyway, it worked wonders for me. Here are two links, the first is the article I read about it in, and the second is the official post/forum on XDA:

http://fairandroid.com/how-to-root-motorola-droid-razr-3-4-bionic-one-click-tool/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1586570
    - Official thread

I just wanted to point other people in the direction of this program. It is used to root BOTH ICS AND Gingerbread, and it does use Motofail. But it's two programs in one. I like it, honestly. I highly recommend it. :D:D:D
  15. Lorek

Lorek New Member

I also notice when I put my phone in sleep mode then I wake up my phone it will reboot half the time
  16. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

I was part of the soak and think the update is, overall, very good. The only problem I get now is that sometimes my wallpaper reverts either back to a stock one, or If I have a live wallpaper it'll revert back to a picture I previously put. It's only happened 2 times since the update and it usually fixes itself (without a reboot) after a little.

Other them that, phone is faster/snappier and the camera is WAY better.
  17. EyeSpy

EyeSpy New Member

Sleep mode still isn't working correctly for ne either. No battery pull, but does reboot more often than not when coming out if sleep mode.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  18. cobravnm13

My phone actually froze the other day. It never really did that before. I'm disappointed in this update. I personally don't see any improvement. No noticable difference in the camera app, I don't use sleep mode so I can't comment on that, and I don't see anything changed besides added bloatware and different system version. I'm very dissapointed. Within the next few weeks I'm definitely going to flash a custom ROM. What are the best Gingerbread ROMs avaliable? I don't want an ICS ROM because of the codecs and better camera functions.

19. doogald

doogald Member

I think that I like Eclipse best, though lots of people like Maverick. Liberty is also not too bad. I'm not a huge fan of Steel Droid 4.5 or Dark Droid; I think that most people that try to theme a ROM do so in a way that is worse than stock (hence why I don't much like Maverick.)

All just my opinion, of course.
  20. cobravnm13

I was actually thinking of SD, but I might look into Eclipse and possibly Maverick. I don't care too much for full on themed ROMs either. I prefer ROMs to have the theme chooser engine, honestly, that allows me to choose a theme without having to flash a completely different ROM or reflash the same one, which means having to wipe things.

Search tags for this page
darkdroid 5.7.906

motofail droid 3 .906

motofail not working droid 3 906