Droid 3 5.7.906 Official "Soak" Build

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Don't know if this has been posted or not, didn't see it, but Droidian1441 over at XDA has uploaded the official "soak" build of 5.7.906 in a new thread under Droid 3 > Droid 3 Development. I'll get on here tomorrow and post a link to it, but it isn't hard to find. Just thought everyone here would like to know! :)

EDIT: After looking at a thread on XDA I saw people posting that they have an update pending to their phones. I can confirm this because I just checked and, lo and behold, I have an update ready for me!!! Time to SBF and update!!! :D

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

fishacura

Reaction score
Great! please post a link!!! Do you know what the major changes are?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Changelog posted here (I'm assuming the soak test build and final are the same):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/207719-soak-test-droid-3-update-started-today.html

+ Google Security Patch has been added to improve the security level.

+ Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.

+ Avoid device interruption when accessing an application prior to the storage being fully mounted on the device.

+ Improvements in device stability help avoid device power cycles.

+ When connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable, the device will no longer lock up and power cycle.

+ Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.

+ Device will enter sleep mode successfully.

Email, Messaging & Data:

+ Swype® defaults to English.

+ Jump to the most recent message after changing the device orientation while in message list view.

Call Features:

+ Use a wired headset without the interruption of a high pitched tone.

+ Within the notification area, the Visual Voice Mail alert stating the server is not responding after a power-up has been removed.

+ Plus code dialing has been enhanced, improving the experience while traveling.

Applications and Widgets:

+ Playback media can be heard while using a Bluetooth® headset.

+ Place a call to the appropriate recipient using the contact widget.

+ When moving applications to the SD card, shortcuts to these Apps will remain.

+ Improved performance of Messaging Application after prolonged use.

+ After updating the contact database from the Messaging App, the Messaging UI will display the latest contact information.

+ Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved, and used where appropriate.

+ Contact pictures display properly in Google Voice.

+VZ Navigator 3D City is now preloaded.

+ Resolved excessive data usages and continuous downloading for VZ Navigator® 3D City downloads.

+ Successfully post and play videos on Facebook®.

+ Improvements to the camera’s auto focus will reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of the captured imagery.
-Matt

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thank you, gadgetrants. I didn't get crap for sleep last night lol. I would "thank" you, but I can't do that from tapatalk.

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problemo! Any word on reestablishing root? I'm a real DIY guy and would prefer to do it by hand.

-Matt

fishacura

Reaction score
I think I asked the wrong question. If the flashable file out there? I didn't get the build and I think I never will because my phone is rooted.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I think I asked the wrong question. If the flashable file out there? I didn't get the build and I think I never will because my phone is rooted.

For the .906? There are instructions on how to flash it via stock recovery, but I'm not sure exactly what you're refering to. You can still get the update while rooted, because I'm rooted and still got prompted.

@gadgetrants, I'm assuming that the motofail exploit used for the D4 will root this like it did for the leaks. Don't take my word for it, I'm going to have to do some SBFing before I can update.

Last edited:
OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No problemo! Any word on reestablishing root? I'm a real DIY guy and would prefer to do it by hand.

-Matt

This is continued from my other post. Other than the motofail, I have NO idea of any other way to root this. I was weary of using the pete's root tool on my D3 at first, but it's not so bad.

fishacura

Reaction score
When I rooted my droid 3 originally I was playing around with some roms and didn't know how to get back to stock 5.6.890 I followed this process (see link) and use these files:

[Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip - xda-developers

Now that I am rooted, I am assuming (need confirmation from you smart folks) that I will NOT get 5.7.960 because I am rooted. Therefore, I am wondering if similar files to the above exist so I can manually flash to 5.7.960. Sorry if I am using the wrong terms here. I am a novice at this stuff.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
When I rooted my droid 3 originally I was playing around with some roms and didn't know how to get back to stock 5.6.890 I followed this process (see link) and use these files:

[Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip - xda-developers

Now that I am rooted, I am assuming (need confirmation from you smart folks) that I will NOT get 5.7.960 because I am rooted. Therefore, I am wondering if similar files to the above exist so I can manually flash to 5.7.960. Sorry if I am using the wrong terms here. I am a novice at this stuff.

Do you have a custom ROM currently installed? If so, you might need to SBF back to stock first. If not, make sure you have NOT deleted ANY system files.

JUST being rooted does not mean that you can't take the update. If you take the update while rooted, it will break root and you will have to reroot using the afore mentioned motofail exploit. Maybe gadgetrants can chime in with links again for everything I'm rambling about. :)

If I still haven't answered your question(s), you might need to be a little more specific, or more than likely I'm not explaining the right things. :) Just ask and I'll try to clarify more.

fishacura

Reaction score
That's a great start. I guess my only question is how will I know if I didn't get it (or when will I know). My wife got hers yesterday...nothing on mine. Is that a definite sign it's not coming or could I just get pushed to later?

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That's a great start. I guess my only question is how will I know if I didn't get it (or when will I know). My wife got hers yesterday...nothing on mine. Is that a definite sign it's not coming or could I just get pushed to later?

It probably just hasn't been pushed to your phone yet. You can check by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update(s) and see if you can pull it from the servers. If not, just be patient and check back in Settings periodically.