Putting My Personal Pictures on a Droid

Hivoltage

Reaction score
Is there a way to put large amounts of pictures on my Droid without chewing up a bunch of memory? For instance, I have thousands of pics I have taken with a camera and downloaded off my computer to my Ipod Touch and it takes up very much memory. If I could do that on my Droid....I dont need an Ipod anymore. Ideas???? Thanks.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your restricted to the 16 GB on your SD card. Or, alternatives would be use something like ORB, and you can access the pictures remotely from your computer to the Droid. ORB works well too.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Is there a way to put large amounts of pictures on my Droid without chewing up a bunch of memory? For instance, I have thousands of pics I have taken with a camera and downloaded off my computer to my Ipod Touch and it takes up very much memory. If I could do that on my Droid....I dont need an Ipod anymore. Ideas???? Thanks.

Yes, you are stuck to 16GB (limitation of what memory card you have). However, let me tell you a little secret.... when you transfer photos to your iPhone/iPod Touch, these photos are converted to BMPs therefore they become large (in terms of the original size of the picture).

In Droid, it doesn't convert them to any format but the original format, so a 1GB worth of pictures is still 1GB when you transfer them to your Droid.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
OK, that answered my question, the Ipod changes the format. So, if I were do downsize all my pics to put on my Droid, what would be the optimum size to still have a crisp image on the Droid screen?

JayMonster

Reaction score
OK, that answered my question, the Ipod changes the format. So, if I were do downsize all my pics to put on my Droid, what would be the optimum size to still have a crisp image on the Droid screen?

Anything higher than 480x854 would remain sharp as there would be no interpolation necessary to fill the screen.

Something like Easy Thumbnails (Easy Thumbnails Software -- Free thumbnail utility from Fookes Software) would allow you to downscale your images in batches before putting them onto your Droid.

pcandroid

Reaction score
upload to picasa and you can view them from your phone.:icon_ banana:

JayMonster

Reaction score
upload to picasa and you can view them from your phone.:icon_ banana:

Except, unless you are willing to pay for more storage, you only get 1GB of space with Picasa.

I personally am hoping for an app that will allow a better Flickr experience on the Droid... to a point I have thought about writing it myself. Picasa for the Web is one of Google's long lost step-children projects that start out looking promising and then just sort of die on the vine.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
Hey JayMonster....that Easy Thumbnails software worked SWEET!!!! Exactly what I needed, thanks alot!!!!:icon_ banana:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW Droid supports 32Gb cards as well, should you really fill up your 16 gigger...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BTW Droid supports 32Gb cards as well, should you really fill up your 16 gigger...

But you can't buy any 32gb cards yet....