Storing pictures

digital21

Reaction score
I just took a bunch of pictures and uploaded them to my facebook through my phone and now it's saying that my internal memory is SUPER LOW. It's not saving to my SD card at all. I've had the phone for a few months and haven't taken that many pictures till now so I never noticed. How do I fix this so they save to my card?

Thanks!

OP
D

digital21

Reaction score
i guess i'm not sure what you mean...i'm not that big of a techy so not sure what that file or folder is you are talking about?

i ended up checking my applications and after i posted all those pictures i took to facebook for some reason it stored a bunch of that data on my facebook application, so i uninstalled and reinstalled and now i have a ton more internal memory. does anyone know why this is? also, i think my pictures still aren't being stored on my memory card.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
are you saying that when you open the dcim folder there's nothing in it?

With a file explorer like astro or root explorer, you can go to sd/dcim/camera and see the pictures. Thats where android stores them. I'd say they are being stored there, on the sd. I dont use facebook, so I dont know how it works.

Swyped from a Droid

mamawm

Reaction score
i suggest you install astro or es file explorer. they are both free in the market. with them you can see what all is stored on your sd card. if you are new to all this just don't delete anything, as most of what you see is stuff your phone needs to work correctly. but it's great for just looking around to see what is where like your photos and music.

as far as the facebook thing, seems really wierd. one would think that if you posted a pic to facebook, it would be stored on their servers somewhere and not in the facebook app on the phone. i occasionally use facebook to check on family members, etc. but rarely post pics so i've never experinced what you just described. sorry i couldn't be of more help. at least you didn't lose all your photos.

OP
D

digital21

Reaction score
ok i don't think i have ever heard of astro or explorer. what exactly do they do and which one is better?

thanks! :)

streetkid

Reaction score
You might have just been able to clear cache and data from the facebook app, rather than reinstall. I had the same problem one time emailing myself a bunch of photos