Purchase of Apps visible?

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo my wife is one of those people that can't understand why people need to "purchase" apps, ringtones, videos... Anything really.

Well myself, I really don't think like that, and I believe some of the best apps out there are paid apps.... but if I buy these, how do they show up on your credit card statement?

Cause I can make a "Google" purchase sound NOT like an "application name" purchase.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo my wife is one of those people that can't understand why people need to "purchase" apps, ringtones, videos... Anything really.

Well myself, I really don't think like that, and I believe some of the best apps out there are paid apps.... but if I buy these, how do they show up on your credit card statement?

Cause I can make a "Google" purchase sound NOT like an "application name" purchase.

It's showing up on my statement as general merchandise. And you can return in 24 hours

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score

It's showing up on my statement as general merchandise.

And if you purchase multiple apps, do they combine the charges into one statement of account?

sooooo if I purchase AHome or Open Home... my transaction will NOT show up as "Open Home Application"

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Chase bill I see "GOOGLE" then the name of the developer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Chase bill I see "GOOGLE" then the name of the developer.

I have Chase also and I stand corrected. I was just going by what I saw on line, I don't look at the actual statement.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
get a marriage counselor. not kidding :(

^^^^^^^ha... funny guy, but a forum troll... and not helpful
My wife just doesn't see why I have to have more charges if I pay an extra $30/month already... that's all. She let's me use my Xbox 360, Ps3, Wii, and PSP however I want! Which means I have all the throw backs on the Wii!!!!!!

HOLLER!!!

Thanks for everyone who helped with the purchase of apps, I think I can say Google is in charge of Xbox now too!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And when you go online to Google's checkout, it's the developer and the name of the app. No need for the word "Google" there I guess. :)

Last edited:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe explain to her that it's like how you pay for internet access each month... that doesn't allow you to get all the software you want for free (legally at least). If you want your computer to do something that it doesn't typically do, you buy software (an app) that does it. The droid is pretty much a small computer. You pay the monthly fee for voice and data (internet) access, just like you do with your normal computer (and game systems). If you want a game for a game system, you have to pay for it.. even if you already pay for internet access that the game console uses.

texasPI

Reaction score

My wife just doesn't see why I have to have more charges if I pay an extra $30/month already... that's all. She let's me use my Xbox 360, Ps3, Wii, and PSP however I want! Which means I have all the throw backs on the Wii!!!!!!

HOLLER!!!

Thanks for everyone who helped with the purchase of apps, I think I can say Google is in charge of Xbox now too!!!

Dude, that right above is the problem. I don't need my wife's permission nor she mine. We set aside a certain amount of discretionary income every month for each of us and we spend it as we please. Sounds like she probably has all your passwords and pin numbers etc right? Am I right? I know I am!

She on makeup and crap and I on my Droid! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score

HOLLER!!!

Not being a jerk. Its .99 here or 1.49 there. if you have to hide that..... then i really believe i am giving you the best advice on this thread.

gl