Droid FAILURE-Cant purchase british pound apps only american

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it depends on the prepaid card. Some just DON'T allow it. Nothing you can do about it. When some of us got the droid we got it from a VZW store, and instead of an instant rebate we got it in the form of a 100$ prepaid card. That's what he was talking about.

Also the motorola app store was up for awhile, then it went back down, so i think they are testing it. I believe it should be out very soon.

OP
R

richz

ok so when i go to get my rebate they are going to give me a $100 visa prepaid which WILL work for british apps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When some of us got the droid we got it from a VZW store, and instead of an instant rebate we got it in the form of a 100$ prepaid card. That's what he was talking about.

Which is why I take my rebate to a customer service rep and have them credit my account....

OP
R

richz

I don't know if this is what is causing the problem but I do know that some prepaid cards only work in the country issued...others like an All Access Netspend are worldwide. The company may be rejecting it because it is in a foreign currency.

(Since it is Google's market it should not matter if they are handling it, but just food for thought.)
Are you sure NEtspend cards are worldwide?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When some of us got the droid we got it from a VZW store, and instead of an instant rebate we got it in the form of a 100$ prepaid card. That's what he was talking about.

Which is why I take my rebate to a customer service rep and have them credit my account....

yeah quite a few do it that way. either way you get your money. :icon_ banana:

LordKastle

Reaction score
The gift cards by NetSpend are usually called "AllAcess Gift cards" but they are by the same company and it will say on the back of the card...There are also some NetSpend cards that have you sign up and reload (any amount you want) and those say NetSpend on them (those I stay away from because I don't want to give away any information.)

The real gift cards (not reloadable) come in the form usually of 25, 50, and 100.

But yes the All Access NetSpend cards are world-wide. I use them for international purchases to sports websites...because they work outside the country and do not block any questionable content such as gambling related.

Edit: They are Visa giftcards just for the record (I have yet to find any at a store like CVS). If you have trouble finding them checkout Netspend.com. I have found them at convenient stores like White Hen, Cumberland Farms or even Mobil Gas stations...and if you do search the website and give your zip code look for the stores that say "Gift cards". The gift cards are not reloadable so when you go -- check it out...the ones that you reload are ones you have to sign up for.

Last edited:

skiahh

Reaction score
I have a visa prepaid card and i am only allowed to purchase American money apps, Droid fails ONCE again. FML.
if there is a solution to this would be GREATLY appreicated and would completely change my views on this phone

EDIT: I CANT BUY CERTAIN APPS BECAUSE OF THE DROID MARKET NOT ALLOWED ME. IF IT WAS LIKE THE IPHONE, ALL APPS WOULD BE THE SAME. ALSO, I CANT CALL MY BANK AS THIS IS A PREPAID CARD NOT A CREDIT CARD

Quit whining, return or sell the damn Droid and go get re-assimilated into the iPhone cult. Then bash away on the Droid.

THEY'RE DIFFERENT. The phones are likely equal in capability. Verizon's network blows ATT's away. Apps? Sure, the Android market is way behind the iphone, but since it's open source... and Big Brother Apple won't be ruling with their iron fist, I wager the Android Market will soon make the Apple market look rather anemic.

But go, enjoy. Apple and ATT will probably welcome you back with open arms.

(By the way, just how does the inability - set by either your credit card company, android market or someone else, translate to a device failing??)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a visa prepaid card and i am only allowed to purchase American money apps, Droid fails ONCE again. FML.
There's a fail alright but it's not with the Droid or Google. "ONCE again. FML." :icon_rolleyes:

ALSO, I CANT CALL MY BANK AS THIS IS A PREPAID CARD NOT A CREDIT CARD
So there's no customer service number on the card? Your caps lock is broken, btw.

Last edited:
OP
R

richz

The gift cards by NetSpend are usually called "AllAcess Gift cards" but they are by the same company and it will say on the back of the card...There are also some NetSpend cards that have you sign up and reload (any amount you want) and those say NetSpend on them (those I stay away from because I don't want to give away any information.)

The real gift cards (not reloadable) come in the form usually of 25, 50, and 100.

But yes the All Access NetSpend cards are world-wide. I use them for international purchases to sports websites...because they work outside the country and do not block any questionable content such as gambling related.

Edit: They are Visa giftcards just for the record (I have yet to find any at a store like CVS). If you have trouble finding them checkout Netspend.com. I have found them at convenient stores like White Hen, Cumberland Farms or even Mobil Gas stations...and if you do search the website and give your zip code look for the stores that say "Gift cards". The gift cards are not reloadable so when you go -- check it out...the ones that you reload are ones you have to sign up for.
ok so any netspend card is worldwide - gift card, prepaid, actual credit etc

OP
R

richz

if there is a solution to this would be GREATLY appreicated and would completely change my views on this phone

EDIT: I CANT BUY CERTAIN APPS BECAUSE OF THE DROID MARKET NOT ALLOWED ME. IF IT WAS LIKE THE IPHONE, ALL APPS WOULD BE THE SAME. ALSO, I CANT CALL MY BANK AS THIS IS A PREPAID CARD NOT A CREDIT CARD

Quit whining, return or sell the damn Droid and go get re-assimilated into the iPhone cult. Then bash away on the Droid.

THEY'RE DIFFERENT. The phones are likely equal in capability. Verizon's network blows ATT's away. Apps? Sure, the Android market is way behind the iphone, but since it's open source... and Big Brother Apple won't be ruling with their iron fist, I wager the Android Market will soon make the Apple market look rather anemic.

(By the way, just how does the inability - set by either your credit card company, android market or someone else, translate to a device failing??)
Please die, fagget.

segen77

Reaction score

Please die, fagget.

Really? weren't you just whining about running to the admins to tell on people being rude?

we really don't need children like you on this board. clean it up, or find somewhere else to show your ignorance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Please die, fagget.

K...Bye Now..Say hello to the ignore list...