PSA Verizon M7 Owners Should S-OFF Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This post will serve as a public service announcement. I have had the opportunity to get my hands on both the M9 and the S6 this past week. I have to say that the S6 is better than the M9 in nearly every way. The only thing that the M9 has going for it is developer friendliness. Well one day it will be developer friendly, or at least it has a much better chance of being developer friendly than the S6. Security experts have had much better luck unlocking HTC bootloaders.

If you are looking to use roms and install custom recoveries on your Verizon HTC One M7 you will want to go ahead and S-Off your device NOW! There is an update coming later in the week that will patch the exploit that the Sunshine S-Off method uses. The S-Off method is super simple. Just download Sunshine app, pay the $25 fee and the app does all the work for you! Head to the link below to get started, just be sure to do this before taking the update.

via TheRoot.Ninja

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon, the no fun carrier.
Actually att is just as bad. We give them a pass because they at least allow you the option to buy your device elsewhere (ie google play).