PS3 Remote/Keyboard App?

the_kwa

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's a way to connect my Droid to my PS3 and use it as a remote/keyboard?

OP
the_kwa

the_kwa

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that one. I'm not really a huge gamer, so even if the app was good I wouldn't use it.

Essex

Reaction score
oh man I hadn't even thought of this...

surely someone will come up with something :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The PS3 friends app is kinda cool. I wish you could message your ps3 friends but I guess that isn't the apps fault, its Sonys.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
shows the list of your PSN friends with their name, online status (or how long since), number of trophies in each type (gold, silver, etc), thats about it.

Oh it lets you see your own profile also...

DroidSickness

Reaction score
Dam bro you got me excited for nothing I was thinking it would server as a wirless controller that would ****ing amazing.

OP
the_kwa

the_kwa

Reaction score
Not that I can do it, I think it shouldn't be too hard to do. Just need a Bluetooth keyboard app.

Guerrilla

Reaction score
I'm sure something like Gmote could be created for this sort of application. Or, better yet, a Gmote update to connect via Bluetooth as an alternative to WiFi+Gmote server.

ScooberJake

Reaction score
I would love this as well. This PS3 media server tutorial says that there is a logitech mini bluetooth keyboard that can be used for this, thought it doesn't really say how. Surely the Droid could do it as well, someone just needs to code it up. Would definitely be willing to pay for this app.

cideas

Reaction score
Related article here about using iPhone to control Blu-ray players.
I actually did a lit of research on this. It seems the android Bluetooth API lacks the hid profiles, this is what keyboards and remote. There is a profile in Dev (do a Google search) so maybe in time. If I'm wrong please let me know cause I already found all the socket information for the ps3 for each key :D..so its highly possible