proud new razr owner, Quick question

TheDominatorXx

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the Android world. Recently I purchased a Droid razr. I absolutely love it, compared to my I phone 4 I had before. My main question is that when I use wifi, the 3g icon stays blue also. And the bars next to it. So my understanding is that it should be white. So I wands make sure i'm not using my data when using wifi. Since they both stay blue idk what one i'm using...thanks!

DocsDad

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the Android world. Recently I purchased a Droid razr. I absolutely love it, compared to my I phone 4 I had before. My main question is that when I use wifi, the 3g icon stays blue also. And the bars next to it. So my understanding is that it should be white. So I wands make sure i'm not using my data when using wifi. Since they both stay blue idk what one i'm using...thanks!

A reboot or toggling data off/on took care of this for me. (you are correct on the trump... wifi blue with data white when both are available)

Trash Can

Reaction score
A reboot or toggling data on/off took care of this for me. (you are correct on the trump... wifi blue with data white when both are available)

Toggling WiFi OFF, wait a few seconds, then toggling it back ON usually solves the problem too.

OP
T

TheDominatorXx

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. I wil try that. Just want to makesure that its not eating up my data.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Razr!

OP
T

TheDominatorXx

Reaction score
Thanks. I got the white one and love it so far! One more question however is that when I use the google voice app to send texts, whenI say "send text to ..." Then say the message it puts it all together in the text box instead of the persons name isaid then the text. Know what I mean? Am I doing somethimg wrong?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hmmm, I am not sure on that one..I don't use the voice app - have you tried any of the 3rd party apps in the market?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like Dragon Go but I don't think it is in the market any longer and Skyvi is out now...