Should I be concerned

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I switched sim cards From my Razr to my Gnex and Gnex to Razr... The Nexus seems to be fine showing the blue signal bars and 3G symbol... But my Razr is showing white bars and 3G symbol... It was always blue before the switch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put it into airplane mode, and take it back out. See if it connects successfully. If not, reboot the phone or pull the battery.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Put it into airplane mode, and take it back out. See if it connects successfully. If not, reboot the phone or pull the battery.

I Did that and it didn't change anything.... I did a quick google search about white bars on the droid Razr... It said not connected to google servers...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I Did that and it didn't change anything.... I did a quick google search about white bars on the droid Razr... It said not connected to google servers...

Hey friend. Try "Data Enabler" from the market by FARPROC. Make sure that you use the one mentioned on the left as there is at least one other similar tool that is named identically, but doesn't work nearly as well. It is the best I've found at cycling the 3G and 4G radios and getting either one to connect to the Google servers and give you back the connectivity. It works for me even when the Airplane mode cycling doesn't work. It's an app but works as a widget, or in other words...you install it and then you create the widget on the home screen to activate it. Trying to activate it by running the app from your app tray or if dropped onto the home screen will only pull up a notice page that tells you to add the widged.

I find my phone in a "White state" with either 4G or 3G, so I tap the widget, the green light goes out, the 4G or 3G icon disappears. Then I tap the widget again, and like clockwork, the 3G or 4G icon reappears, and with in seconds the "White state" reverts to the connected "Blue state".

;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Dave, in case you are not aware the RAZR battery is non-removeable. To effect a "battery-pull", instead hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds. This is virtually identical to a true battery pull.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Hey friend. Try "Data Enabler" from the market by FARPROC. Make sure that you use the one mentioned on the left as there is at least one other similar tool that is named identically, but doesn't work nearly as well. It is the best I've found at cycling the 3G and 4G radios and getting either one to connect to the Google servers and give you back the connectivity. It works for me even when the Airplane mode cycling doesn't work. It's an app but works as a widget, or in other words...you install it and then you create the widget on the home screen to activate it. Trying to activate it by running the app from your app tray or if dropped onto the home screen will only pull up a notice page that tells you to add the widged.

I find my phone in a "White state" with either 4G or 3G, so I tap the widget, the green light goes out, the 4G or 3G icon disappears. Then I tap the widget again, and like clockwork, the 3G or 4G icon reappears, and with in seconds the "White state" reverts to the connected "Blue state".

;)

Thanks kindly... Back in business... A bit confusing @ first but nevertheless it worked....

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Droid RAZR" Battery Removal" Instruction

Thank you FOXKAT for immediately and clearly advising how to "remove" the battery (in essence) on the RAZR. This type of response is the best!dancedroid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave, in case you are not aware the RAZR battery is non-removeable. To effect a "battery-pull", instead hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds. This is virtually identical to a true battery pull.

*LOL* Yeah, I knew that but went momentarily brain dead and forgot we were talking about a RAZR.

I have found the white/blue icon thing to be a bit flaky from time to time on my Bionic, i've had times where 4G was white, yet I was connected to Google (at least I could use Gmail and Market). I almost think the white/blue thing might get funky when Google's servers aren't reporting your connection correctly.