RAZR Wireless Connection Often Weak

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by Waltsm53, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Waltsm53

Waltsm53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone noticed a weakness with the RAZR wireless connection? Seems my laptop shows more bars in the same location as my RAZR, and it sometimes loses wireless connectivity, where the laptop stays connected. I run wireless at home to save battery life, but I'm disappointed with the RAZR's ability to connect and stay connected.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    its weaker than my wife's wireless-n laptop, and about the same as my 5-yr old wireless-g laptop. but considering its a much smaller package, i dont have any complaint.

but the real issue is to stay connected. i could be having 4-5 bars, browsing some stuff, then it would get stuck on loading a page. a touch on my laptop right next to it to check the wifi, and its all good. the razr doesn't even report any loss connection. just browsing getting stuck.

usually a quick turn-off-turn-on Wifi fixed it, and thankfully it doesn't happen too often...

...but i get impatient alot and just turn it off and uses the 4G..... then it never lags or lost connection.

too bad i only got 500mb/mth :(

3. ddfuji

ddfuji Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ouch

4. nimbus

nimbus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely

I went through 3 shoddy Bionics before switching to the Razr Maxx. Only thing the Bionic did well was receive and maintain strong wi-fi connectivity. When I have a full wi-fi signal, I'll randomly get the 'no connection' message until I manually reconnect with the Razr. I'm still happy though and hopefully an update takes care of this.

5. ex0rcist

ex0rcist Member

Ratings:
    +6
    *smh* right the only thing. Gimme a break. "Hey guys i need help but first let me insult alot.of.ppls phonez.. which happenz to use the same hardware as mine"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

6. brucin

brucin Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola X Pure
    It could be that the larger wireless antenna in the laptop increases reception giving the laptop a better signal from the same location.

7. nimbus

nimbus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass when I said that. I know plenty of people that have had solid experiences with the Bionic. I'm not saying the Bionic is a bad phone, just noting that I had a series of bad experiences that unfortunately steered me away. I'll think more next time I respond.

Search tags for this page
droid hd max 2 weak wifi
droid razr maxx weak wifi

droid razr weak wifi

motorazr poor connection
motorola razr hd weak wifi
motorola razr poor wifi
razr m wifi shows strong poor strength connection
razr maxx hd weak wifi
razr maxx weak wifi signal
razr maxx wifi weak