1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Protectives covers....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by richie1378, Nov 8, 2009.

1. richie1378

richie1378 New Member

Has anyone bought/used the rubber silicone cases yet? I just noticed how the camera lens is not really deep enough to avoid scratches when the phone is placed on it's back.
  2. unkut

unkut New Member

I have the body glove case and its GREAT!!! Protects the phone perfectly, and I added the screen protectors of course!
  3. Zippster

Zippster New Member

I also have the body glove and it fits great, only problem is, cant use the media station, car dock without removing it, so they are out for me.
  4. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

I think i'm going to have to get a body glove or something, my battery door keeps falling off, while i want the media station, i'd much rather have a total protective cover.
  5. Zippster

Zippster New Member

That was my thoughts and I returned my media station. :frown: See how it all shakes out over time though with different style cases accessories etc.
  6. jbr13

jbr13 New Member

New2u, I am with you on the dang cover!! I lost mine tonight! Went to shot photos at a Drag strip and when I got in the car to leave its gone. All that noise I didn't even here it fall or nothing. Good news is they only charge $4.99 for a new one, bad is store doesn't have it in stock. Waiting on Fedex.
  7. unkut

unkut New Member

Yeah I absolutely HATE that! I've yet to install the car dock or open the media station just because of the inconvenience!!! Any idea on a way around this without loosing the safety of the Droid?
  8. smilepak

smilepak New Member

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61120

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector." -- Motorola Forums Manager
  9. Poley

Poley New Member

I'm interested in finding a leather pouch that will hold the Droid w/ body glove on
  10. Zippster

Zippster New Member

Great info as I had yet to buy another screen protector after the bad experience with the privacy one form Verizon.
  11. kaorte

kaorte New Member

Its just the privacy screen protector that has the sensitivity issue, because it is so thick.

The thinner normal screen protectors do not affect the touch sensitivity.
  12. unkut

unkut New Member

I agree! I had the privacy protector and it was a pain in the ass! I've since returned it and exchanged it for the clear ones and they work great!
  13. jbr13

jbr13 New Member

I noticed the same thing. Privacy protector was on one of the phones in the store and touchscreen action was bad, but I have no problem with the regular clear one on my Droid.
  14. phoenixdroid

phoenixdroid New Member

I have the thin plastic covers and they work fine. I got one of those plastic snap on cases. I am not sure I am loving it tho. I'd rather have a pouch of some sort but need to find something that fits.
  15. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 New Member

Does it fit in the car dock and home dock?
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  16. Zippster

Zippster New Member

Not with the body glove on.
  17. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I have the Body Glove case and it is a great case. But I am returning mine because it is entirely to hard to get off when Im wanting to use the dock, which is every night. I have the Invisible Shield screen protector and it works fine as far as touch sensitivity goes.

Im not sure what case Im going to look for but I want one that is easy to remove. Right now Im using an old verizon side pouch that I had for an old HTC phone.
  18. Attackcenter

Attackcenter New Member

I also bought the Verizon Droid branded screen protectors (with Droid logo I might add) from the Verizon Store. The Verizon Employee installed it for me perfectly bubble free. I also bought the Verizon Droid Branded Black Silicon Case. It was a very nice protective case and clinged to your hand well. I highly recommend it if you aren't going to be using the multimedia station or the car dock. Of course they won't work with it on. I felt like it seemed like a tight fit with the silicon case, and didn't want to mess around with taking it off all the time. Although, you might want to try putting it on and taking it off yourself at the Verizon Store to see how it is. I ended up trading it in for the Verizon Droid Branded clear plastic snap on case. I really like the looks of the case, it makes your Droid look like quality (to me). I though, am wondering if the screen protector and plastic case together can add to lag in scrolling. I haven't compared it with a naked screen, because I wanted the protection from the beginning. Of course you can't use the plastic snap on case with the multimedia station or the car dock. Although, I think removing the plastic case is a little more straight forward and is not too bad. I still may go just for the Verizon Droid branded leather pouch and screen protector, not sure. Finding a looser fitting sillicon case with a simpler snap on mechanism may be another option.

The Verizon Store was also selling a Verizon Droid Branded leather pouch that I tried out. I liked it pretty good.
  19. Attackcenter

Attackcenter New Member

@bamfsig45

You were able to pick up an official Invisible Shield for the Droid on the day of the launch? I know that they were possibly supposed to be shipping to Best Buy Stores to be available on launch day.. Where did you pick it up at? Best Buy? Did they install it for you? How did the install go? Did you notice a difference tracking with and with out it?

Of course you could probably drop your phone several times and not get any sign of wear from the full shield on can't you? The damage taking place internally could be different. I sort of like the hard plastic clear snap on case. Even know it doesn't protect like the Silicon case, I bet if it took a good drop, a lot of impact would be on the plastic case, until it breaks. Then you replace it. Since its plastic though, who knows what would happen if it took a good drop. Of course would prefer the silicon case if it were not for the multimedia station and the car dock.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  20. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I did get the Invisible Shield at bestbuy last friday. They installed it for me and actually the first time they didnt do it right so I had them re-do it and they used a new one and re-applied it perfectly. It hasnt affected my scrolling at all.