Problems With Slacker App

brando56894

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having a lot of problems with the slacker app recently (within about the last 2 to 3 weeks)?

Im on Petes BB v0.1 Froyo and I cant remember if this happened a lot on 2.1 but heres my problems: whenever the app isnt in use (sleeping in the background) it will FC a lot sometimes like 2 to 3 times in 5 minutes but while the app is in use it works fine (read as doesnt FC) but will occasionally drop my streams (sometimes 2 or 3 in a row) and its pretty annoying when a song comes on that you like and it gets 30-60 seconds into it and then skips to the next song.

lexbishop

Reaction score
I've been having these exact same problems.

Since I'm not a dev, I can't confirm, but according to AppAlarm Pro (which can open apps at set times as alarms), applications close a different way in Froyo, and it's up to the developers to address that.

So Slacker still hasn't been written with Froyo in mind and that's why we're having these issues.

dclutter1

Reaction score
its pretty annoying when a song comes on that you like and it gets 30-60 seconds into it and then skips to the next song.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I just wrote it off as connection issues or something though.

On another note: Thanks, Lex for mentioning AppAlarm Pro. That's just what I've been needing :p

Conechaser

Reaction score
I can't find a changelog anywhere, but i just got an update for slacker i hope it will fix the issues that we've been having!