Problems with facebook for Android

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble viewing some photos friends have posted on facebook... Not everyone but lots of photos wont load..... and I get a error message

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Forgot to mention also slooooooow to load onto the sight... this is on strong 3G connection

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been having a similar problem for a while. As far as I know its a facebook issue. Try clearing you cache and see if that helps. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, seemed to help for a little while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Yeah, tried that didn't work... What seems funny is that im 90% sure that the pictures that won't load are put up via Iphone because I know most of them well....

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I know, who still has friends that are Iphone users.... lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The facebook app has been slowing down gradually for me, it's almost unusable to me. Sometimes I have to refresh multiple times and I've done the whole uninstall/clear cache/data already. The app is almost considered broken to me. I just use the mobile site, it's the same thing anyway.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Yeah same here. Facebook slow to load to on 4g. And the pictures I can't open are pictures from friends that upload using iphones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah even on 4g fb is slow to load. Also if I view a pic, or share a pic .... after one or two, the app force closes... ticks me off

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Facebook+Google's phone = not going to work well=P

Google employees can't even say facebook, it's like saying Voledmort at a Potter Party.

Google+ is their baby, so sadly we have to wait for a non-buggy version of Facebook to come out for ICS.

vico512

Reaction score
As have others, I've also had several pictures that would not load on my SGN when using the Facebook App. I tried the same thing with the Dolphin browser -- they loaded just fine. So, it appears to be a glitch in the App. I've also noted the very slow speeds with the App -- Dolphin appears to work better speed-wise, as well, but I haven't done a lot of comparison.