Problems with facebook for Android

JJDH

Reaction score
I have been seeing the same problems with Facebook.. The app is terrible. I have removed and reinstalled numerous times.. They all should be fired!

Sent with Gnex on the green tap

jdroid80

Reaction score
Yeah same here. Facebook slow to load to on 4g. And the pictures I can't open are pictures from friends that upload using iphones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I can't view pictures uploaded by my wife's RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I own the Razr as well and it seems to do much better than my Nexus

bsmith0731

Reaction score
It has been slowing down for me too.

Not to mention its a battery hog.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mikel61101

Reaction score
Yeah mine won't load most pics regardless of what phones posted them... Also my message indicator keeps goin off sayin I has a msg but I don't... my wifes xoom is doing all this as well...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

gunit34328

Reaction score
i have the picture loading error myself! and i thought i was only one! thankfully it's just the app and not the phone.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yep, I have those problems with my Thunderbolt, too.

mdroid28

Reaction score
Facebook rapes my battery even set at lowest sync rate. It's always like #2 in battery consumption and I barely use it. This has been common across many ROMS and kernels

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I found the mobile site for fb to work just fine if you're not a heavy user and it doesn't run in the background like their lousy app. The little less convenient with no notifications or widget but gets the job done with little battery use if like me, you just signin everyonce and a while to see what's happening.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

dbol

Reaction score
The facebook app has been slowing down gradually for me, it's almost unusable to me. Sometimes I have to refresh multiple times and I've done the whole uninstall/clear cache/data already. The app is almost considered broken to me. I just use the mobile site, it's the same thing anyway.

Slowing down gradually for me as well. Sometimes it only loads half of my feed. I have to refresh it sometimes even twice before it loads the entire feed with pictures, and then it takes several seconds before it even begins. Weird...

vico512

Reaction score
Yeah, as I posted earlier, I've continued to check this...when the Facebook App doesn't work properly, going to the mobile Facebook site, with Dolphin, works every time. Seems to run faster, as well. So, IMHO, it's not the phone, but the buggy App. (I can recall many problems with the Facebook App on my OG Droid, as well.)

I found the mobile site for fb to work just fine if you're not a heavy user and it doesn't run in the background like their lousy app. The little less convenient with no notifications or widget but gets the job done with little battery use if like me, you just signin everyonce and a while to see what's happening.

mikel61101

Reaction score
It seems the upgrade has helped a bit...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums