Problems and (Should I have Waiting for Droid 4)

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
:mad:
I had the droid2 and was happy with it but I wanted 4g Speed and the ability to browse the internet or check movie times etc (when on a call) What IPhones have has all along on ATT...

So I got the only option on VZW with a slider ... then problems began ...

1) If you set the ringer volume to a certain level and someone calls and then ou finish the call 90% but sometimes randomely the ringer volume reset to the lowest volume level above Silent.
a) I called VZW and Comlained and they said they could swap it maybe it was a lemon
b) I went to the VZW Phone store to see if I could reproduce the issue and display model didn;t have the issue but had others
c) Long story short ... I downloaded RingFilterV2 from the appstore and have it reset the ringvolume every2 hours to the volume I want. I would like Ring Filter V2 to add an option to reset the ring volume to a certain Level after each call but it doesn't seem to have that option and I have found an alternative app that does.
-Tangent related Story ,,
I have been using RingFilter (app on market)to silence calls at night since Droid2 but the Strat seems glitch with it when it worked fine on droid 2.
Work Around enable "Force Ring" in ringFilter and it forces the phone to Ring for exception Contacts but the Ring is Glitchy With Force Ring as it
does not not stop ringing right a way after answering a call ( and the force ring is distorted
"Force ring is an option in RingFilter" that Forces phone to ring on Certain Cell Phones that have trouble ringing in the regular way
*** Either Way I think RingFilter and SoundManagerV2 are must have apps but They need updates to be able to fix the apprent Glitches on the strat., unless mine is just a lemo

I decided to use for a few more days to see if it was just a setting or a lemon .....

I found more Issues (not sure if bugs or glitch design or a combination or just a setting I don't know ) Either way these seems quiry after using a droid2:
2) If you recieve a call or multiple calls the call log screen does not update unless you go to the home screen and then back to call log
- It doesn't seem to real time refresh

3) The 4 shortcut buttons on the homescreen don't seem to be customizable like the are on the droid 2
4) The Folder Implimentation seems glitch

......... Still waiting to see what the droid 4 will be like and if I should have waited for it:blink:

The strat is a good phone but the one I have right now is a lemon or in Need of some Patches that Hopefully will be fixed by samsung........:p

Once I see what the droid 4 is like I will decide weither it is worth Keeping the strat or if the Droid 4 is a must Have or If I just have to swap in my Strat and get a refurbished Cell from VZW since its past the 14 day no worries Guraentee so I can't :mad:get a replacment New one even if it is a lemon:blink: only a refurbished one...:mad:

Anybody Out There noticed any of the same issues???????:frown::blink:

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have the droid razr maxx and still have my droid2 i use on wifi if i ever need to type allot. The vzw wifi is 30 bucks when added to plan. Id rather have the extended battery in the maxx. The droid four seems good but i like the maxx battery and form factor

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Cegal

Reaction score
Speaking as someone that was torn between the stratosphere and the d4. I went for the d4 option instead...aside from battery life(which can be helped with rooting and custom roms) I'm completely happy! Not to knock on the strat but from what I've heard here...I made a wise choice. And noticing the lack of dev for the strat it makes me wonder what else could be hiding in the dark. Sorry to hear about the misfortune, but if you were wondering about the d4, its a winner IMHO:

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have now upgraded to droid RAZR Max HD I find it very good and the touch keypad is easy to get the right letter