Custom ring tones change back to default on their own

Danii1003

Reaction score
I dint know why this happens but I have custom ring tones set for when certain people call Me and every other day or so my phone will ring and it will ring with the default ringer....when you go into the contact it still says the name of the correct custom ringtone but when you go into it to play it it plays the default ringer as well...it does this on my alarm too. Seems the only way to fix it is to turn my phone off and then back on.....any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX

DroidX316

Reaction score
I dint know why this happens but I have custom ring tones set for when certain people call Me and every other day or so my phone will ring and it will ring with the default ringer....when you go into the contact it still says the name of the correct custom ringtone but when you go into it to play it it plays the default ringer as well...it does this on my alarm too. Seems the only way to fix it is to turn my phone off and then back on.....any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX

Does it do this when your phone is charhing with the USB in your PC?
If so mine does the same when its connected to my PC.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're wouldn't happen to be using Ringdroid would you? I've seen it cause this issue with Xs before.

Sent from my DROIDX

DroidForums junkie!

OP
Danii1003

Danii1003

Reaction score
no its when its not plugged in....and yes I had made the ring tones with ring droid from music I had on my phone....if I delete that app will those ringtones delete too?

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They're saved to your SD card so they should still be there.

no its when its not plugged in....and yes I had made the ring tones with ring droid from music I had on my phone....if I delete that app will those ringtones delete too?

Sent from my DROIDX

DroidForums junkie!

OP
Danii1003

Danii1003

Reaction score
Any way I can check to see if they
Are on the sd card before hand?i knew how to get into the sd card on my blackberry still learning with this phone
Sent from my DROIDX

Edit: figured out how to do it and deleted ring droid....hope it works thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sure! Download Androzip from the market and you'll see them there and can even move the files around! :)

DroidForums junkie!