Problem with wireless charging

andreah1

Reaction score
Have an S8 that is a little over a year old. Have charged wirelessly since day 1. Now, all of a sudden it stopped working. I have tried the phone on different wireless chargers (we have 3 in the house, all samsung) with no luck. My phone (the one in question is my husband's) works fine on all three. Have tried clearing cache, checked settings to be sure it's set up for fast charging, cleared system cache, started in safe mode. Nothing works. Every once in awhile he will randomly set it on the charger and the light will come on but won't charge. Asked Samsung about it, they want to try and repair it but he won't part with the phone for 2 weeks (can't blame him) so I was hoping someone here might have a trick up their sleeve? The only thing we haven't tried is a factory reset because he has a couple (dumb) games that he doesn't want to lose the data. I've scoured google but can't find anything other than what we've done. He hadn't installed anything new when this happened either. Any ideas?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm sounds like a hardware issue unfortunately don’t think any other solution ... it seems all the steps have been taken to troubleshoot

iPhone X

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Darn, was hoping I wasn't going to hear that. :( Sucks because it's only a year old and they want to charge him to fix it. Guess we'll live with it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
There is the factory reset. I know it's a pain but that's the only option left for you to try besides having it repaired. Might just want to bite the bullet and give it a try.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Probably will at some point. Dread it. Would be fantastic if they came up with an app/program that would allow you easily restore everything JUST the way it was.

Jacqline

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 5se
Sometimes Old software version may cause a problem in wireless charging!