Problem with SIM card?

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
So, my Verizon SG3 is rooted and was running Cyanogen 10 nightly for the past few days, then today I loaded and tried to run MIUI. However, when it loaded everything up, it couldn't activate, and it said that I wasn't on a network. I've tried restoring back to Cyanogen 10 but still, it says that I'm in a roaming network. Is this a problem with a ROM, or with my SIM card? My first guess is sim, but it only started after I flashed MIUI for the first time. If it's a rom issue, any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

OP
S

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
Update: Sat in Verizon for an hour today to try and fix it. They never realized it had been rooted and therefore sent me a replacement. DancingNexus

gottcha

Reaction score
It's an issue with the S3 and Verizon. Mine and my wife's phone both show the "no sim" error. I replaced both phones and the sim cards yesterday and I still get the error.

wil700xx

Reaction score
On ur phone in setting. Something a long the side of phone info. Of would b where it says phone numbers

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
imei xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would edit that post and take it out, that number in the wrong hands could be used to black list your phone. just to be safe, please edit.

gottcha

Reaction score
What do I check that number for? Was there a bad batch of phones? I can't believe I'm the only one on here with thus problem...

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do I check that number for? Was there a bad batch of phones? I can't believe I'm the only one on here with thus problem...

I think he was asking if you had an IMEI number. if you didn't have one, that would be a problem. but you have one. so that's not the problem.

gottcha

Reaction score
Ok that's for the reply. This issue doesn't seem to be affecting all S3 and some seem to be fix (or people just got a different phone) but I can't find a solution. I have gotten the phone and sim card replace in mine and my wife's S3 and still have the problem.

Heavy2804

Reaction score
My phone was acting strange. I formatted my sim card using my computer and now it's acting correctly. Your mileage may vary

gottcha

Reaction score
I ditched the S3 due the fact no one could tell me what was wrong and I had dropped 7 calls with in about a week and a half. My SD card was formated prior to being used in the phone so I don't think that was the issue. I had the phone replaced and a new sim card which didn't help. I now have the Droid Razr HD and have not had any signal issues or dropped calls and most of them were made at or very near where the S3 failed. In my opinion the S3 is a great phone if you line under a cell tower but for me I'm constantly in and out of 4G coverage but always in a 3G area. The S3 can't seem to switch properly and when I took it back to have it replaced again I was even told that quite a few come back for that same issue. I find it really weird that those phone have that poor of signal reception and people are returning them and calling tech support constantly yet version nor Samsung acknowledge the issue!!

Yeah I'm passed!

Rant off. ;-)