Problem with Market

jb0072011

Reaction score
I have an interesting new problem. Whenever I go to the marketplace and try to download something over 3G I get a red triangle with a 1 exclamation mark in it on the notification bar and it does not start to download. However when I use wifi it works good. I am using market version 3.4.4, GB. This problem is only with the market, all other apps that use data work good over 3G. This started about a month ago for no known reason. I am located in Vietnam and use GSM on a rooted phone. Any thoughts?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The only thing I can think of right now is to go into your market settings and make sure that "Update Over Wi-fi Only" is not checked.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I honestly have never heard of it doing what it is doing then.

If it worked on older market versions than try uninstalling updates on the market and then disabling MarketUpdater.apk in system. That way it will not update on it's own anymore.

Insidious

Reaction score
I have an interesting new problem. Whenever I go to the marketplace and try to download something over 3G I get a red triangle with a 1 exclamation mark in it on the notification bar and it does not start to download. However when I use wifi it works good. I am using market version 3.4.4, GB. This problem is only with the market, all other apps that use data work good over 3G. This started about a month ago for no known reason. I am located in Vietnam and use GSM on a rooted phone. Any thoughts?

Hmm maybe there could be something to do with the carrier?

OP
J

jb0072011

Reaction score
nope not carrier. I took out SIM and put it in other phone (G1). Market worked fine although it was older version. Will try to find older version of market to use

OP
J

jb0072011

Reaction score
OK installed older version of market 3.3.1. Same problem except no orange triangle with the exclamation point

tituswife

Reaction score
I honestly have never heard of it doing what it is doing then.

If it worked on older market versions than try uninstalling updates on the market and then disabling MarketUpdater.apk in system. That way it will not update on it's own anymore.

How do you do that? Thanks!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK installed older version of market 3.3.1. Same problem except no orange triangle with the exclamation point

Did it used to work or has there always been problems? I honestly have not encountered this issue for myself or others reporting it so I am not entirely sure what to do from here.

How do you do that? Thanks!

Are you trying to do it on a stock phone? You require root to do it.

tituswife

Reaction score
Yes, stock. Oh well. Thanks!

bhojo1

Reaction score

check you don't have data saver enabled. If you do it will not let you download any file larger than a certain size and you will get the warning triangle if you try...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Having the same exact problem. I have everything enabled right on my d2g but nothing is downloading over 3g??? There must be a way to make it work on the current market version...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
EDIT nvm it was the data saver as stated above

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk