Problem with brightness settings and incoming calls.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Separate issues of course. For one, for some reason out of the blue, brightness widget adjustments stopped working on my S3. Only way to change settings is through the menu itself, no widget works. On top of this, also out of the blue, for some reason the S3 brightness has overridden the kindle brightness setting, so even though it's turned all the way down in Kindle, it still uses the S3's current settings. Neither of these happened at first and I can't think of anything that might've triggered it. Any thoughts?

Secondly, more and more frequently I'm waking up to voicemails with no missed calls listed or people saying they've sent picture texts that I never received, haven't had this with regular texts though. Is this a reception issue? Are they probably related? Is that what this leaked radio fix is for? I can't tell if that's a dropped call fix or works for this issue as well.

I'm willing to try a factory reset, but I'd hate to set up all my widgets again. If I did a nandroid backup, FDR'd, and then restored the nandroid, would that be pointless as it would put my settings exactly back to where they were and what was potentially causing the issue? Thanks DF, you guys rock.

k1ng

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So an update for the sake of google searches, but I at least resolved the brightness issue. Turns out it's a conflict with Swipepad believe it or not. Very unfortunate. But I love Swipepad so much I've decided to just set the brightness on a reasonable level through the settings and continue to use it. Hopefully it'll be fixed in an update soon.

Still no luck with the random voicemails though...

And can I possibly get an answer about doing a nandroid backup before a FDR and if that'll just replicate the issue??