Problem after phone calls (not 3g)

overtwo

Reaction score
So I've noticed this problem on a few GB roms (not just MIUI). I've noticed a lot of threads popping up about "keep losing 3g" etc...What I have realized is that with my phone/rom/kernel setup, i'm not "losing" 3g, but more so I keep getting logged out of Google (or something like that, i'm not sure though).

What happens is any time after I make or receive a call the "3g" and "signal strength" icons are both white. But, I can still use the internet and send/receive text messages. As soon as i try to use the market though i get a message "Please check internet connection and try again." So, I turn airplane mode on then off and viola! My "3g" and "signal strength" icons are now green again. So i would assume that unless they are green I cannot use the market or sync gmail etc...

My question is, has anyone else had these same issues? Or are they loosing 3g altogether (i.e no internet connection at all)? I've reverted to MIUI 1.3.25_2.2 for now until something is done about these little GB issues/bugs.

Trofn8er

Reaction score
I have the same problem, every time I get a phone call my cell bars and 3g turn white and I lose my 3g internet. I can still get text messages and phone calls. If I want to get back on 3g I have to turn on airplane mode then turn it back off and bingo 3g comes back on and turns green again.

Anybody have ideas or a fix? Miui 1.4.22

I have this same problem with my DX on the latest Gingerbread Leak .591

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
That's why I had no clue why you folks were clamoring for gbread in miui.....

OP
overtwo

overtwo

Reaction score

I completely agree! I see no 'real' improvements from Froyo to GB (at least performance wise). So for now I'm sticking with Froyo ROMs.

Last edited:

Trofn8er

Reaction score
Well, I was looking for a fix not a comment. This rom is awesome. Even with this little glitch I prefer it over any Miui or other Roms I have flashed.

Thanks for your help.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have not had this issue since CVPCS fixed the issue in the CM7 source. I believe that would have been included in 1.4.22. Just for something to test, try flashing CM 7.0.3 and see if you have the same 3G issue. Miui has the same code base as CM7, so if you have the issue there, you will have it in Miui. If it works in CM7, it should work in Miui.