Losing 3g

RangerXXX

Reaction score
I've been noticing over the last month or so (maybe since gingerbread) that I will lose all 3g internet pretty often when I leave my home wifi. The 3g icon will still be at the top but i can't load anything even after multiple reboots/battery pulls and even calling *228 and reprogramming the phone. Sometimes it's short and sometimes it's hours with no internet and it's not a dead spot because i didn't have internet for over 100 miles on the interstate the other day. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems like this or if it's just a bad phone.

Reaction score
It's probably Gingerbread. It tends to do stuff like that if you normally have a weak signal. The FroYo radio did a better job of staying connected, but the GB radio is not great.

OP
RangerXXX

RangerXXX

Reaction score
It seems weird that it would go out for 100 miles straight with my wife having no signal problems with her droid pro and also goes out at my house sometimes for long periods of time even outside.

jds8710

Reaction score
I live on the edge of 4g coverage and due to the data issue I turned lte off and just on 3g. But last 2 weeks I have been starting to lose 3g data. It has been happening more often lately. Anyone else having this problem? I love my bionic I just want it to work right.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
Call verizon and explain what happened. This happened to me one day, had good service, no 3g. It was some kind of glitch on their tower and they fixed it within a few minutes. I do live in an area where 4g is weaker then 3g so I leave it on 3g all the time around my area.

Mike

debrad0307

Reaction score
Where are y'all located? I live in a crappy part of TX and I never have an issue with 4g lte.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where are y'all located? I live in a crappy part of TX and I never have an issue with 4g lte.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

What part of tx are you in???

jds8710

Reaction score
I'm in monterey ca

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
San Diego, CA was fine for 4G yesterday. Don't know yet about today.