Solved Printing via canon mg6220

sethm1

Reaction score
Moto x with 4.4.4
Canon's site indicates no cloud printing - so curious if any one has a work around.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm calling them on that. Based on their definition of cloud printing they don't do it like HP, however you can use any Canon printer attached to a computer as a share either wired or wireless using either Google Cloud print or PrinterShare, (which I prefer)

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
when I click Print my options are : Save as PDF and Save to Google Drive (cloud print) - but its not sent to my printer

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
1) You need Chrome installed on the PC that has access to the printer. 2) Chrome needs to be configured to use Cloud Print. 3) The (Google) cloud print app needs to be installed on your phone.

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
leeshor:

Peachy - one more browser to install.
So does the PC with the Chrome installed have to be on? Guessing thats a yes.
This is where Apple shines- their Air Print, without any configuration- can print directly to the printer.

I was just about to try Slimjet too, when I saw your reply. Its powered by Blink - same engine behind Chrome.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes, the computer needs to be on if you are going to use Google Cloud print, which will allow you to print from ANYWHERE. However the computer doesn't need to be on using PrinterShare if you are on the same network. PrinterShare will allow you to use the printer either way but when you are out, the computer would need to be on.

Chrome only needs to run in the background and doesn't need to actually be open.

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
Just downloaded Chrome - is the extension I am looking for "printMe Mobile"?

I have already registered my printer to the phone, so almost there

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
Well I must have missed a step.
I see my print jobs in the queue (on the phone and in Chrome) but still its not printing.

Update - figured 'it' out.
I had to go to Chrome, then to Print Queue, rt click the document thats waiting to print, then hit print.

Thems a lot of steps.

All I want to be able to do is print a document from my MotoX !

Oh and now I have two apps that I think do the same thing: "Easy Cloud" & "Cloud Print" - and both take me to the same screen if I want to pay the $2.88 for upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
RESOLVED.
Went back to Google Play Store. After some fishing found "Canon Print Service" by Canon.
Easy setup and it works with no other fussing.

Then back to my PC & uninstalled Chrome.

Now - choose the document to print, click print and "Canon Print Service" is the only option.

Yippee.

Why this App is not mentioned on the Canon site or anywhere else for that matter is a mystery.