Print from Droid

upthereinthesky

Reaction score
Thanks, Jonny.
<<The paid version of PrinterShare allows you to install a bit of software on the pc your printer is connected to and connect to it.>>

Yes, but, correct me if I'm wrong: apparently from what I've read, this creates a print job on the print server, and you have to go to the PC and print the job out. That's inconvenient. I was hoping for something a little more-- lazy?

Thanks again.

Bill

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sorry, like I said, I only have a wifi printer. If that IS the case, I wouldn't pay for it. Haha! It's worth it for me with wifi, but I wouldn't want to have to click to print on the pc...

Emitted from X.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Thanks, Jonny.
<<The paid version of PrinterShare allows you to install a bit of software on the pc your printer is connected to and connect to it.>>

Yes, but, correct me if I'm wrong: apparently from what I've read, this creates a print job on the print server, and you have to go to the PC and print the job out. That's inconvenient. I was hoping for something a little more-- lazy?

Thanks again.

Bill

No, sending a print job prints out immediately without user input needed. I do it frequently when my wife is home and needs something printed, I just pull it up on my phone and use printershare to print it out. First time I did it it gave her a bit of a scare as my printer just started printing....
I've also printed plenty of stuff and have it waiting on the printer output tray when I get home. Standard USB printer connected to my primary PC....and printershare app on the Droid and printershare server app running on the PC.

Your PC of course has to be on and obviously your printer as well.

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I installed PrinterShare and as soon as I went to print out a page, there it was, the "free" program which got you to download, then it gets you with "If you want to print a file you have to purchase..." and then I just uninstalled.

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Any free apps out there? I mean, come on, you are just printing from the phone. Not like it is performing rocket science and doing something spectacular to cause these apps to be worth buying.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Moto is working on a print app that will allow print from their phones....should be out early 2011.

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Moto is working on a print app that will allow print from their phones....should be out early 2011.

That would be neat.

I just installed Printershare and it was able to detect a wireless printer in another building and a bluetooth printer in the next cubicle, here at work.

I was able to successfully print a test page to both.

Does anyone know if you can send a command to print to that software from another app?

kevev99

Reaction score
I've been using CyPria Free. Seems to work well. Detects WiFi printers. I've been able to send from phone to my home printer.

fireman00

Reaction score
Wow... 2 minutes, including download time, and I'm printing through a print server to my HP 7150. Very impressed.