Print from Droid

Erich_F

Reaction score
I tried it and it suxs. It can't print through a PC printer server on a WiFi network. You have to have a WiFi printer. The other alternative is to install their client on a PC connected to a printer. Then you send a remote print job through that PC. As far as I could tell, that print job then has to be manually execute at that PC. Really silly round-about way to get to the printer. I expected to just enter in the printer name/address on the network and connect direct to it via the WiFi net, just like my laptop does. I uninstalled it already.

Still looking...

G8TR

Reaction score
I installed PrinterShare and it found my printer, but then wanted me to upgrade in order to use the app. WTF? :icon_evil:

snowman

Reaction score
Erich_F , thanks for input, thats what I have a print server on a wi-fi network, and I woundered how it was going to connect if you could nor enter the server info , appreciate it.

G8TR

Reaction score
Yes, it does. My iPhone (yes I still have one that I really don't use much) has an app from HP that was free and works great. My printer is wifi and connected into my network as such.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Erich_F , thanks for input, thats what I have a print server on a wi-fi network, and I woundered how it was going to connect if you could nor enter the server info , appreciate it.

Hi Snowman....yeah I was disappointed that I couldn't get it to find my network printer, without having to go through the internet and back to the next room, through my PC, and then their client. Blah, what is all that??? Geeks for ya...just like engineers! Can't live with em, can't live without em!

rstone

Reaction score
I tired Send2Printer and got it to print a test page on my network printer, but when I tried to print a any kind of document (ie: .pdf, .doc, etc...) via ASTRO or document2go, ThinkFree, etc I could not print as Send2Printer was not an option. Ultimately, I uninstalled it as I need something that will print documents that I put on my Droid. Hopefully, someone will find a solution to this.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks guys! My OLD printer took a dump on my last night, and I couldn't resurrect it today, so I decided to spring for a new WiFi Printer/scanner/copier today, since the computer I was using to print things was older than the printer itself (the printer had no drivers compatible with Vista or better...), and I use my laptop to create documents/pics, then e-mail them to the archaic desktop, then attempt to print.

I was going to just buy a cheap USB printer and have to connect the laptop when I wanted to print, but I thought, "What the hell..."

As I left the store, I thought about how I generally take most of my pictures with my Droid these days (unless it's a special occasion) and wondered if there was an app for printing to a WiFi printer.

Came here, did a search, found this.

I tried the test page, and it printed right away, so I bought the product key now!

Thanks again for doing the dirty work!

This forum is the bees knees!

Imagaymer

Reaction score
Printing To Wireless Printer

Hello,
I did a quick search on my DroidX and found there are a bunch of truly free apps that will let you print. I printed from my phone to my HP printer and it looks awesome!

compywiz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the apps are capable of printing to a shared printer without a client on the shared PC?

I might just have to upgrade to a Wifi printer for this (if the above isn't possible).

upthereinthesky

Reaction score
I'd appreciate an app which allows printing to a print server as well. My old printer isn't wireless, and is connected to a PC. The PC is hard-wired to the wireless router.

HP Print works great on my wireless printer. A breeze to install and it instantly found my printer and connected to it.

The free version of the PrinterShare app only works with wireless printers.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Very nice forum you have here!

Thanks!

Bill

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd appreciate an app which allows printing to a print server as well. My old printer isn't wireless, and is connected to a PC. The PC is hard-wired to the wireless router.

HP Print works great on my wireless printer. A breeze to install and it instantly found my printer and connected to it.

The free version of the PrinterShare app only works with wireless printers.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Very nice forum you have here!

Thanks!

Bill

The paid version of PrinterShare allows you to install a bit of software on the pc your printer is connected to and connect to it. You have to create an account with them, but you simply supply a name and email address and they send you login info.

Haven't actually tried it because my printer is wifi, but the wifi feature works quick as heck!

Emitted from X.