Power Cord TOO Short

rwreuter

Reaction score
is there anyone out there that thinks the USB power cord that attaches to the power block is way TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO short?

ok, now that i am done complaining...does anyone know where i can get a longer one?

rob

Natey2

Reaction score
Some long USB cords/extensions may prevent the phone from charging optimally (if at all), even though they may still work to transfer data.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

ekf028

Reaction score
Some long USB cords/extensions may prevent the phone from charging optimally (if at all), even though they may still work to transfer data.

Lol. Really?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mccompunerd

Reaction score

Most aftermarket micro-usb cables will allow charging but not data transfer regardless of length.
I have a 7ft cable that works like a champ to charge, but won't connect the phone for data transfer.

Natey2

Reaction score
I once added a USB extension cable, and it charged VERY slowly.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I took the opposite approach. I use a 6 foot long extension cord.

MIUI 2012.3.9

MistaMean

Reaction score
Way back when I first got the OG Droid I thought the same thing, so I bought a Rocketfish 12' USB A/A Extension Cable from BB for about $30 and it works great for charging and fast data transfer. I really like having that extra cable, allows me to move around my bedroom or computer room without having to worry about a short cable being pulled out the USB port. Now, it is working great for my Droid 4 on Webtop, PC Mode and USB Mass storage. :biggrin:

marlonvps

Reaction score
I charge my MBA from my nightstand so the power supply without the extension works best for me.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just use a usb extension from an old mouse I used to have and it works just fine for my original droid, might not charge 100% the way but a charge without it every month or so and a battery calibration works just fine

Natey2

Reaction score
18 inches is less than 2 feet. Did you mean 18 feet?

moccor

Reaction score
18 inches is less than 2 feet. Did you mean 18 feet?

Yes, wow, how did I not catch that lol... Yeah, all those 'inches' I said should be feet, I'll edit that. Posted that late at night :p.

mekanism

Reaction score
I get all of my cables from monoprice.com. They are inexpensive but very high quality cables. They come in a variety of different lengths. Don't buy cables from bestbuy, they have a 1000% markup on those items and the quality is crap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk