Power Button Stopped Working

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can set it so that the volume keys power it on or so that it powers on when you slide the keyboard out.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
You can set it so that the volume keys power it on or so that it powers on when you slide the keyboard out.

That is a great idea, how do I do that with the phone off?

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you need to power the phone on pull the battery, make sure the charger is in a wall socket not a USB port, then plug it into the phone. Once the M Logo comes up put the battery in. The phone should boot.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
If you need to power the phone on pull the battery, make sure the charger is in a wall socket not a USB port, then plug it into the phone. Once the M Logo comes up put the battery in. The phone should boot.

I tried that but did not work. I'm gonna give it another shot after work.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I tried it 10+ times before it finally worked. Thank you for the tip! How would I go about setting a different button to turn the phone on/off?

chrisblue

Reaction score

Genius...u saved my butt..thought i had to buy a new phone.

Ashish U.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Chat
@Squeak87 and @MissionImprobable hello guys, I am Having same trouble with my samsung galaxy chat, Power button is broken and I can't turn the damn phone on, in real trouble, please please help !