Potentially Grim News for Android: Apple Blocks Sale of Samsung Galaxy Nexus in U.S.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
liftedplane said:
Maybe someone, the judge, really really likes apple, maybe she's getting some free products, either way this is complete BS

Corruption in the courts. Would make for a juicy novel.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jpsil

Reaction score
And my mom wonders why I say apple is awful. Every time she says she wants an ipad or iphone, I laugh and shake my head.

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Hopefully terrorist take care of Apple. Apple doesn't realize they are hurting the consumer on top of the company.

Reaction score
What's it called when you tell a judge to resign a case or something like that? I saw it in "The Good Wife"

Lucy H*e GTFO!!

silverfang77

Reaction score
The judge can be asked to recuse themselves from a case if the litigants think the judge might be biased. If this judge really does have an iPhone, I'd call the bias obvious.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

jseah

Reaction score
The judge can be asked to recuse themselves from a case if the litigants think the judge might be biased. If this judge really does have an iPhone, I'd call the bias obvious.

The problem is the decision ultimately lies with the judge. Doesn't matter if she owns an iPhone or not. If she feels she can be neutral, she can stay on the case.

Cripton805

Reaction score
I thought thats dumb...

Your brother got killed by a drunk driver? Yes.
Can you be neutral to give a fair trial to this man accused of drunk driving and running over a baby? Helll.... to the yes.... :icon_ devil:

nikecar

Reaction score
silverfang77 said:

I bet she has a blackberry.

BlackMill

Reaction score
I just realized. Although Apple could possibly use this victory to go after the Galaxy S III and have the sale of it banned, as horrible as that sounds, wouldn't it be in a way helpful in showing people less tech savvy that Apple is a patent troll. There has been a massive amount of pre-orders for the Galaxy S III and what better way to show all those people what Apple is doing than have Apple take away their ability to get the phone that they pre-ordered. I can say, with complete honesty, even if I didn't know much about phones if i were told that I could no longer have the phone I pre-ordered because of an Apple law suit; I'd be pretty livid. And does anyone know why Android phone manufacturers haven't gone after Apple regarding the pull down notifications? Are they waiting to use it at a later point in a much larger counter suit kind of thing?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just realized. Although Apple could possibly use this victory to go after the Galaxy S III and have the sale of it banned, as horrible as that sounds, wouldn't it be in a way helpful in showing people less tech savvy that Apple is a patent troll. There has been a massive amount of pre-orders for the Galaxy S III and what better way to show all those people what Apple is doing than have Apple take away their ability to get the phone that they pre-ordered. I can say, with complete honesty, even if I didn't know much about phones if i were told that I could no longer have the phone I pre-ordered because of an Apple law suit; I'd be pretty livid. And does anyone know why Android phone manufacturers haven't gone after Apple regarding the pull down notifications? Are they waiting to use it at a later point in a much larger counter suit kind of thing?

Yes, Android is open source, meaning apple is actually allowed to use the notifications... its all a part of "free open source"

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yes, Android is open source, meaning apple is actually allowed to use the notifications... its all a part of "free open source"

I still think that's BS.

Apple: "Hey, Google! We can steal your tech and code but we'll sue you if you use ours! HAHAHAHA!!!"

Google: "okay..."

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still think that's BS.

Apple: "Hey, Google! We can steal your tech and code but we'll sue you if you use ours! HAHAHAHA!!!"

Google: "okay..."

True but without open source we'd all be stuck doing the same thing as iOS users- jailbreaking, no custom roms, themes, nothing like that, at least not the way it is now

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
They aren't suing Google, they are suing the phone manufacturers who do make money off phone sales

Which is what I think is totally unfair. In the case of the GNex, it is running bone stock Android 4.0.4 - so in essence, Samsung is getting sued for installing what Google provided them in stock form on their Galaxy Nexus device.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
True but without open source we'd all be stuck doing the same thing as iOS users- jailbreaking, no custom roms, themes, nothing like that, at least not the way it is now

Yeah. I think that Google should put patents on their product, but allow general users like us to do as we please and fine big companies like Apple when they steal from them. After all, we technically are advertising for them and spreading their products for proper consumption. :)