U.S. Judge Issues Preliminary Injunction Against Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
avs2.jpg

Today a U.S. Judge awarded Apple a preliminary injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1. Previously Judge Koh had denied Apple's request for a preliminary injunction against Samsung's competing tablet, but was instructed by a federal appeals court to reconsider. Judge Koh stated that "although Samsung has a right to compete, it does not have a right to compete unfairly, by flooding the market with infringing products". Since this is only a preliminary injunction, Apple must first put up a $2.6 million bond to cover Samsung's damages in case the injunction is later overturned. Given that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is over a year old and already has a successor on the market, Samsung shouldn't be heavily affected by the Judge's order. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the case unfolds, we'll keep you updated as more information becomes available. Until then let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Android Police and Rueters

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Congrats Apple haha. The 10.1 is over a year old and an outdated model.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
ad infinitum ad nauseum... when will this tug of war end? can't Apple just deal with competition like gentlemen. I guess when you have a whole legal team on retainer you have to keep them busy and get your money's worth. :money:

swc2001

Reaction score
I think this is a huge blow to samsung.... and I hate it. It doesnt matter that the 10.1 is now obsolete.... It is the Principle of te matter. Apple will eventually go after more because of this "victory" They are being rewarded for their bullying. I will NEVER spend one Dime with Apple EVER!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think this is a huge blow to samsung.... and I hate it. It doesnt matter that the 10.1 is now obsolete.... It is the Principle of te matter. Apple will eventually go after more because of this "victory" They are being rewarded for their bullying. I will NEVER spend one Dime with Apple EVER!!

Or, Apple will be giving Samsung 2.1 million and the injunction will be lifted and Apple will lose the case. Samsung is essentially getting 2.1 million for nothing. Is the Tab 10.1 even on the market still since the new model is out and selling?

nikecar

Reaction score
[h=1]Samsung loses bid to lift U.S. sales ban against Galaxy Tab[/h]http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57465449-37/samsung-loses-bid-to-lift-u.s-sales-ban-against-galaxy-tab/