Post 7.0 Battery Life

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Wow Gudasau, that's amazing he's ok! I absolutely want to pass my best wishes along as well, positive thoughts make a difference!

And on that note, my battery life has definitely been better.

Maybe nothing mind shattering, but there is a noticeable improvement. Then again, my battery life was pretty horrible in the week or so leading up to 7.0. I use a lot of power hogging resources so I let it slide, but it was much worse than it had been. I used to be able to plug in before bed with at least 10%, recently I've been having to plug it in a few hours before I go to bed. Can't seem to figure out what made such a huge difference in such a short amount of time, I'm thinking some sort of random app update that was causing conflicts or something?

7.0 seems to have given it a bit of new life though, let's see if it sticks!
Thank you, @k1ngr4t. It is amazing he's doing as well as he is. My stomach turns knowing how bad it could have been.
My battery was doing the same thing just before the update. I never did figure out what was causing it, though. I wasn't aware of any changes to create a significant drain.
Now it appears to give me about the same amount of battery life as before that weird little episode.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My Battery Life is Suffering since the install. I cant make sense of what this is using most of my Battery.
Screenshot_20161207-151412_zpsl8caftiw.png

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have an app that is misbehaving and likely keeping your phone awake too much hence the "Combined App CPU" at 91%. What does your awake time line look like?

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just thought I'd follow up a week later, but my battery life is actually significantly better since the update. Roughly the same usage and I'm going to bed with 30-60% left! Still not my Turbo...but just as good as a brand new Z! Which is good enough for me. Not a big fan of how this notification bar treats 3rd party apps though, and I still get constant e-mail reminders if I don't check it right away, but other than that things are groovy :cool:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As I mentioned previously I didn't use this phone until I put Nougat on it, so my usage is with a fresh install of Nougat. First few days with the phone the battery was not so good, Android OS, Voice Mail and Android System were killing my battery. I rebooted each morning for 2 days, and a forced reboot at night (hold power button for 20+ seconds) for two nights before charging all night. after those 2 days battery life has been on par with my Droid Maxx, Turbo and Turbo 2 results. l usually go 16 hours off the charger and average about 3 hours of SOT, a few calls each day, forum reading & posting, lots of email reading, Bluetooth music for an hour or so, and quite a few texts, etc. I am usually around 30 - 40 % remaining when I go to bed at night. For me, that's pretty good and I can live with that, very similar to my Turbo 2. I have not had to use the Incipio battery Mod yet, but it's nice to know it's always available if I do need it; especially when traveling for work.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
As I mentioned previously I didn't use this phone until I put Nougat on it, so my usage is with a fresh install of Nougat. First few days with the phone the battery was not so good, Android OS, Voice Mail and Android System were killing my battery. I rebooted each morning for 2 days, and a forced reboot at night (hold power button for 20+ seconds) for two nights before charging all night. after those 2 days battery life has been on par with my Droid Maxx, Turbo and Turbo 2 results. l usually go 16 hours off the charger and average about 3 hours of SOT, a few calls each day, forum reading & posting, lots of email reading, Bluetooth music for an hour or so, and quite a few texts, etc. I am usually around 30 - 40 % remaining when I go to bed at night. For me, that's pretty good and I can live with that, very similar to my Turbo 2. I have not had to use the Incipio battery Mod yet, but it's nice to know it's always available if I do need it; especially when traveling for work.

Pretty much the exact same usage and stats on my end (with maybe an hour or two more of bluetooth)! No complaints here!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im debating doing a Factory Reset. I had Issues with my Turbo having bad battery Life and when i Reset it got Better. Most Likely i have something in the background Wonder if it may be with my smartwatch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Im debating doing a Factory Reset. I had Issues with my Turbo having bad battery Life and when i Reset it got Better. Most Likely i have something in the background Wonder if it may be with my smartwatch.
It may be worth it, even though it can be a pain sometimes. I went through three OS updates on my Turbo 2 and had great battery life, no issues after each and no FDR. With previous phones, I have had to FDR after an OS update to get things working right again and keep good battery life.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My battery life has hit an all-time low over the past two days. I have no idea what's running, but something is sucking the life out of my phone. I've uninstalled all recently added apps (3 news channels) and got rid of any app I don't use on a regular basis.
I still have not found a good way to see a list of apps running in the background. @Sajo helped me before by finding a little info, but nothing clear like we used to have on previous phones .
I'll check back after a full charge tonight & normal use tomorrow.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine was great for 8 days and then went to crap yesterday. All I did was reboot the phone yesterday morning; thought "haven't rebooted in a while, I should do that". No more reboot for me unless absolutely necessary. After rebooting yesterday, Android OS and Voice Mail are chewing up battery. Really, Voice Mail? I'm not sure if Nougat was ready for the masses?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im upset that after Upgrading that GSAM no longer Breaks down the Power Usage by App. Stuff like that is Helpful to Help find the Root Cause of Power Drain. I di notice now that the Verizon App when running a Health Check since uninstalling Antutu which it said was killing Battery now shows Battery is Good.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Im upset that after Upgrading that GSAM no longer Breaks down the Power Usage by App. Stuff like that is Helpful to Help find the Root Cause of Power Drain. I di notice now that the Verizon App when running a Health Check since uninstalling Antutu which it said was killing Battery now shows Battery is Good.
I noticed that also. Nifty Nougat "feature".

bf47636ac517174ec576111da0ace413.jpg

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My battery life has hit an all-time low over the past two days. I have no idea what's running, but something is sucking the life out of my phone. I've uninstalled all recently added apps (3 news channels) and got rid of any app I don't use on a regular basis.
I still have not found a good way to see a list of apps running in the background.

Have you gone to settings, battery and scrolled down to see the list of apps and how much battery they use?