Post 7.0 Battery Life

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good to know someone's having luck with their battery. Here's where I'm sitting today.
c0755d45f3e1c0ad25f124e3e3089e77.jpg

Let me know if I need to share anything else.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Everything looks normal to me. Is your location set to high accuracy? It's probably is as Google tries to have people enable it as often as possible.
For comparison here is my battery usage
425edd6873f96a3ed0a3befee525a5e9.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is a little more like it. Today was a very light usage day, have been busy with non phone things. But, 11 hours off the charger, still at 70% and estimated 26 hours remaining. Now to keep it like this.

f33088d9b7b1dd92eedc9c9f37097276.jpg

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
And for one final reference (because it's usually not the case for me) wanted to jump in and say, 2(?) weeks later my battery is still significantly better than pre-N. I have a few other gripes, but for me the best part of the whole thing has been the improved battery life. I didn't even realize it could be this much better!!

I have one suggestion for those struggling with native Drop Box though, I had a similar issue once with that blooatware NFL Mobile app a long time ago, maybe even on my Eris or X2. But I never touched it and it was draining massive battery, so I decided to open it, believe I put in a confirmation code that I guess registered it to my phone, and the battery use dropped tremendously. It's like it (cough Verizon) was trying to force a connection with the app but because it couldn't get in it just kept trying, keeping the phones antenna active even though nothing was happening. That was my guess at least...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Battery life has been really good for me again for a week or so. Then today....What the heck Nougat? Nothing different this morning, same usage, charged it all night and I'm not even going to get through a whole day? Android System and Voicemail are killing my battery. I can't figure out why voicemail randomly starts to drain my battery for no apparent reason. I'm not impressed with this Nougat update.

c0111994a526eb490e41bb81c30c2b56.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I figured out my battery issues and why Voicemail was using so much battery from time to time. I forgot that when you activate a new phone on Verizon they automatically sign you up for 30 days of free Premium Visual Voicemail (VVM), then after the 30 days you can start paying a monthly fee for Premium or revert back to standard VVM. The day my 30 day trial ended Voicemail was killing my battery again and I started getting weird "New Voicemail" notifications but when I tapped to open, nothing happened. And when I opened the Voicemail app there was nothing new. I rebooted my phone and finally the new Voicemail appeared telling me all about the 30 day trial and how to continue, blah, blah, blah. I deleted that message and battery life has been good ever since. I have been seeing similar results to my Turbo 2 on Marshmallow. My phone is off the charger around 16 hours each day and I still have around 30 - 40% remaining when I go to bed and plug it back in to charge. Seems like the Premium VVM may not be Nougat friendly and once that service ended things are good again.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I think I figured out my battery issues and why Voicemail was using so much battery from time to time. I forgot that when you activate a new phone on Verizon they automatically sign you up for 30 days of free Premium Visual Voicemail (VVM), then after the 30 days you can start paying a monthly fee for Premium or revert back to standard VVM. The day my 30 day trial ended Voicemail was killing my battery again and I started getting weird "New Voicemail" notifications but when I tapped to open, nothing happened. And when I opened the Voicemail app there was nothing new. I rebooted my phone and finally the new Voicemail appeared telling me all about the 30 day trial and how to continue, blah, blah, blah. I deleted that message and battery life has been good ever since. I have been seeing similar results to my Turbo 2 on Marshmallow. My phone is off the charger around 16 hours each day and I still have around 30 - 40% remaining when I go to bed and plug it back in to charge. Seems like the Premium VVM may not be Nougat friendly and once that service ended things are good again.
This is an interesting find. Now the issue I have is that I have VVM so it would still eat my battery? Can this be why its gotten worse. I don't know if it is the 7.0 update or maybe when i got my Smartwatch. But I think I had my Watch before 7.0 and no issues with Battery life.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still have VVM also, just not the premium version. I have the standard version that is free.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I still have VVM also, just not the premium version. I have the standard version that is free.

I have the Premium with Transcriptions. Not sure if that would be the cause. I verified my Dates. I got my LG Urbane on 11/15/2016 and Installed Nougat 7.0 on 11/22/2016. No Issues with Battery prior to Nougat.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have the Premium with Transcriptions. Not sure if that would be the cause. I verified my Dates. I got my LG Urbane on 11/15/2016 and Installed Nougat 7.0 on 11/22/2016. No Issues with Battery prior to Nougat.
Do you still see Voice Mail as a battery user in your battery stats? I was until I reverted back to basic VVM. Then again maybe that was coincidence? I have seen posts by Nexus users here that their battery life has not been exactly great on Nougat either.

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been on Nougat since it came out and have premium VVM with transcription and I never see it in battery stats as using more than 1%, if it shows up at all. Usually I don't see it showing up at all as a battery user. I haven't noticed any drop in battery life at all since N came aboard.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've been on Nougat since it came out and have premium VVM with transcription and I never see it in battery stats as using more than 1%, if it shows up at all. Usually I don't see it showing up at all as a battery user. I haven't noticed any drop in battery life at all since N came aboard.
Interesting. Maybe my case was just a fluke with my phone then? Whatever happened that day for me, my battery life has been pretty good again since.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hate to have to FDR it. I may just live with it for now.