Possibly,but hopefully not dumb questions

jayrod

Reaction score
As a relatively novice Droid mod user..a while back I flashed Liberty 2.0 and kept it that way on .886 until last night,mainly because my 4G data loss was getting worse (getting white 4G very often) and seeing that ICS might be rolling out soon,figured maybe I should go back to stock and get the OTA's so,I went back to stock rooted and updated to .905 .(Didn't fix my wonderful white 4G issue) Anyway, being on Liberty for so long,then going back to stock reminded me of shortcomings certain apps had, at least for me..IE..Camera,Gallery,Music,Email..and am wondering if it would be possible to just install those .APKs from "Liberty3Bionic-1.0Gold\system\app"?

Also is there anyway to get the stock status/notification bar to have the functionality Liberty had..WiFi , GPS, B.T. toggle or will I have to flash a compatible ROM..or do the ICS leak?

Edit:Got the 3d Gallery and combined inboxed Email installed via root browse Can't get Camera & Music to overwrite system apps

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
If u do not want to flash ics leak.( which will almost certainly fix your data issues.) Try out eclipse 3.0. Its by far the best and most stable gb 905 rom.

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
Thanks..I remember glancing at it a while back,but opted for Liberty..I'm taking a look at it.Kinda leery about flashing since apparently I did something wrong prior and my Nandroid backup didn't take so I ended up starting almost from scratch , and since this is my DD,not sure if I want to spend 4 hours again so I can get ICS when it's OTA (So glad I made that titanium backup for my settings!)

deduct

Reaction score
You dont know what your missing with eclipse man. Has all the custom lockscreen sliders that liberty has and lots of themes you can flash over it too. It really is the best rom. I feel like fxz'ing back to gb so i can give it a run for a while myself after talking about it. And i am on ics leak 232 running sonofskywalkers debloated ics rom which is great. You using safestrap to flash your roms?

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
Using bootstrap.I hadn't been around much since I grabbed Liberty and I think safestrap came out later,so I had to search around some to see what it was.I think that I will grab safestrap and do a dual boot with eclipse/stock..if I understand it correctly,if/when ics is official,then all I need to do is be on the stock boot to get the OTA..right?

Looking at the instructions to do the ICS leak has given me a headache Hahaha..guess I missed a lot!

deduct

Reaction score
jayrod said:
Using bootstrap.I hadn't been around much since I grabbed Liberty and I think safestrap came out later,so I had to search around some to see what it was.I think that I will grab safestrap and do a dual boot with eclipse/stock..if I understand it correctly,if/when ics is official,then all I need to do is be on the stock boot to get the OTA..right?

Looking at the instructions to do the ICS leak has given me a headache Hahaha..guess I missed a lot!

In that case, flash your stock backup thru bootstrap recovery and then uninstall bootstrap. Then install safe strap. Send me a pm and i will help ya out.

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
Just did a backup with bootstrap and heading over to get safestrap and eclipse. Not sure when I will take the plunge as I need my phone to be up just in case for work purposes, but I will take you up on the offer for help if I need it.

deduct

Reaction score
jayrod said:
Just did a backup with bootstrap and heading over to get safestrap and eclipse. Not sure when I will take the plunge as I need my phone to be up just in case for work purposes, but I will take you up on the offer for help if I need it.

Good job. Just hit me up if u need any help.