Gallery and camera problems

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Been running Liberty for more than a week flawlessly. Suddenly, the 3d gallery won't load any pictures correctly. It seems like it's picking one picture and just loading that image for every image. The 2d gallery problem is that it is taking several minutes to load images and folders.

With the camera, it seems no matter how many times I install the (far superior) blur camera, it always reverts back to the AOSP camera.

This is my first rom, and I'm thinking about just dumping back to stock so I can get the gingerbread update that's coming, but I'd like to keep Liberty for the time being, as it is awesome. Any ideas about how to fix either issue? Would re-flashing the rom do the trick? What's the process for re-flashing a rom you've already got?

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
No help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
You can go back to stock in 2 minutes using maderstcok340.zip and receive the update so I wouldn't even bother with that option now. I would first try to reinstall liberty without wiping and see if that fixes your issues. If not I would then boot into recovery again and wipe everything wipe data, cache, delvik, battery stats then install again.

Last resort or good practice for any new rom "clean" install:
**first backup key sd card folders like media, camera pics, etc to computer. Then format the sd card using the pc quick format as fat32. Copy those folders back to sd. Ensures no corrupted files on sd...overkill, yes but what the hell***

1. Download maderstcok340.zip, z4root.apk, bootstrap.apk, and whatever rom zip to sd card.
2. boot into clockwork wipe data/cache
3. choose install zip from sd and navigate to maderstcok340.zip and run it. When done reboot. This gives you clean install of .340 OTA unrooted. Stop here if you want new OTA or keep stock. Activate but skip all sign ins if continuing to next step.
4. Use file explorer and find your sd card install z4root and bootstrap. Run z4root and wait for reboot...you are once again rooted.
5. Skip everything again and run bootstrap into recovery.
6. Wipe data/cache again
7. Install your custom rom, reboot, enjoy.

This process might be overkill to some but I guarantee you will have the cleanest possible install of any given rom this way. Ensuring you that problems are the rom or your apps and not the way you installed.

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Awesome post...hugely informative.

The gallery issue was fixed by wiping everything then reinstalling Liberty. The camera is still at large.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App