Possibly bricked phone

mattbc1

Reaction score
I went into bootstrap recovery under advanced options and basically formatted everything (system, boot, sd card etc.), now my phone is stuck at the m logo and won't go any furtther. I can get into stock recovery but that's about it. I know this was a stupid move but does anyone have a possible fix for this? Any help is appreciated.
Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

armopride07

Reaction score
Do a battery pull and try and turn it on again. If that doesn't work then hook it up to your computer and SBF it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

EvilTim

Reaction score
I went into bootstrap recovery under advanced options and basically formatted everything (system, boot, sd card etc.), now my phone is stuck at the m logo and won't go any furtther. I can get into stock recovery but that's about it. I know this was a stupid move but does anyone have a possible fix for this? Any help is appreciated.

If you can get into android recovery then you can get into rsd mode and sbf your phone to stock

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1175300

OP
mattbc1

mattbc1

Reaction score
I tried this and it seemed like it was going through, but after it got to 100% in rsd lite it was saying "waiting for renumeration" . Then it just says that it failed. The thing is, rsd lite does not recognize my phone. Under meid/esn it doesn't show anything, and my computer no longer recognizes my phone when I plug in the usb cable. I'm back to my droid for now, this screen just feels so tiny compared to the x2.

xm0067

Reaction score
Did you use the FULL sbf or the SYSTEM ONLY? Because if system only didn't work, the full sbf sometimes does.

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

OP
mattbc1

mattbc1

Reaction score
It was the full sbf as far as I know. The file was about 482 mb, and I think 799 mb after I extracted it.

EvilTim

Reaction score
It was the full sbf as far as I know. The file was about 482 mb, and I think 799 mb after I extracted it.

What are you using to extract the .gz file
I had errors with winzip, winrar and gzip, it only worked with 7zip

OP
mattbc1

mattbc1

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to reply back, but work has been crazy. So I had to get a battery charger because my phone would not charge. I recharged the battery, extracted the file using 7 zip and I am happy to say my phone is back and working again. Thanks for the help.