KitKat upgrade bricked my phone...Any help?

w3man

Reaction score
The kitkat update bricked my phone. Just stuck on the M logo, and recovery did not work. Phone was completely stock, and suggestions?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
The kitkat update bricked my phone. Just stuck on the M logo, and recovery did not work. Phone was completely stock, and suggestions?
By "recovery didn't work" do you mean that you tried to get into recovery, but couldn't? I'm sure people will have other suggestions, but if holding down the power button to shut the phone down so you can reboot doesn't work, and you aren't able to get into recovery to do a factory reset, I'd try pulling the battery and leaving it out for 10 minutes, then put it back in and try again.
Good luck :)

jspradling7

Reaction score
You may have to flash back to factory 9.30 or something and then take the update. Mine was on 9.18 and it was rooted, I tried unrooting and took the update and it failed. So I ended up have to flash it back to factory before it would successfully go to KK.

OP
W

w3man

Reaction score
By "recovery didn't work" do you mean that you tried to get into recovery, but couldn't? I'm sure people will have other suggestions, but if holding down the power button to shut the phone down so you can reboot doesn't work, and you aren't able to get into recovery to do a factory reset, I'd try pulling the battery and leaving it out for 10 minutes, then put it back in and try again.

MAXX HD has built in battery. The phone is stuck on M logo, I tried going into stock recovery and that failed as well. Just stuck at the M logo

OP
W

w3man

Reaction score
Verizon is doing a warranty replacement for me. I will get a new phone tomorrow (Sat). I did have to pay $20.00 shipping though for the Saturday delivery.

Hodor

Reaction score
You may have to flash back to factory 9.30 or something and then take the update. Mine was on 9.18 and it was rooted, I tried unrooting and took the update and it failed. So I ended up have to flash it back to factory before it would successfully go to KK.

Serious question, was it worth loosing root for? I am really on the fence as to whether or not I want to do the same thing you did.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
MAXX HD has built in battery. The phone is stuck on M logo, I tried going into stock recovery and that failed as well. Just stuck at the M logo
Oh, sorry. When in a pickle, one of my first thoughts is to remove the battery for a while, which seems to cure a lot of ills. I forgot that not all phones have a removable battery.