Possible update issues?

Athorhauer

Reaction score
Hi I recently changed my email password and had an issue with it not updating on the droid so i did a factory reset. It then ran some update and a few things have changed since i got the phone on July 1st. Main issue is that market will not open which is a concern for me. Should I take it back to a verizon store or is there anything I may be able to do.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My inc2 was fine after the update for a couple days, then market and manage apps stopped working. I did a factory reset and it seems to be fine now. But you can bring to Verizon if you want, they may try the same thing.

sent from my inc2

PhDCow

Reaction score
I thought I was one of the lucky ones after the update. Today, though, I couldn't add any HTC widgets and Sense started FC after just turning the screen on. I had to do a factory reset (which SUCKS), but so far, things are better than when I had Froyo on it. Let's hope it stays that way.

HTC has a better rep than Motorola about updates and I'm surprised how many issues have been reported.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think gingerbread is just kind of an agressive OS. I hope there are no more issues. The only one I have had since factory restore is in manage apps. Sometimes I will click on an app and all the numbers will go crazy that represent cache, data etc. I will need to back out and click on the app again before I can uninstall it, clear cache, etc.

sent from my inc2

PhDCow

Reaction score
My Verizon app is not playing well. I tried to install the update that's required to open it and it FC on me.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea mine did that too. I forgot about that. I unistalled the update on it, I think in manage apps, and I don't use my Verizon anymore.

sent from my inc2

PhDCow

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I had to do. I didn't have this many issues when I upgraded to GB on my X. Very annoying.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
And there goes my clock with the Alarms and what not. It's gone. Seems I am having some of the same problems as others with clock app disappearing. Hopefully there are no other issues.