Possible to use dump of test units with unlocked boot loaders?

localmuaythai

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that the test units of the D3 had an unlocked bootloader. If we could get our hands on one of these would it be possible to flash to the phone because it was signed by Motorola?

Should we all be praying 911sniper or someone like that comes out with a test build with an unlocked boot loader?

Just offering up ideas.. I jumped ship to verizon to get an limited plan before this phone dropped thinking I'd just return my Dx2 before the trial period is up and get this phone believing Moto would keep their promise and ship it unlocked...

Now I'm still going to get it but Def wishing for root soon. This beast running MIUI would just make my day ! :motdroidhoriz:

-Local

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
already tried to use a test unit SBF bricks the device doesn't work.

one thing to note and point out to anyone who hasn't noticed the D3 does have fastboot, but it the fastboot unlock feature isn't enabled yet, so I am very confident that whether or not someone in the community unlocks and/or roots the D3 soon that moto once they figure out all the bugs will release and update and with that update will come the unlockable bootloader just like with the Atrix 4G, there is not reason for fastboot otherwise.

I remember reading somewhere that the test units of the D3 had an unlocked bootloader. If we could get our hands on one of these would it be possible to flash to the phone because it was signed by Motorola?

Should we all be praying 911sniper or someone like that comes out with a test build with an unlocked boot loader?

Just offering up ideas.. I jumped ship to verizon to get an limited plan before this phone dropped thinking I'd just return my Dx2 before the trial period is up and get this phone believing Moto would keep their promise and ship it unlocked...

Now I'm still going to get it but Def wishing for root soon. This beast running MIUI would just make my day ! :motdroidhoriz:

-Local

OP
L

localmuaythai

Reaction score
already tried to use a test unit SBF bricks the device doesn't
work.

one thing to note and point out to anyone who hasn't noticed the D3 does have fastboot, but it the fastboot unlock feature isn't enabled yet, so I am very confident that whether or not someone in the community unlocks and/or roots the D3 soon that moto once they figure out all the bugs will release and update and with that update will come the unlockable bootloader just like with the Atrix 4G, there is not reason for fastboot otherwise.

-Local
Makes me more confident just knowing good devastating are on the case.

Would rather rely on you guys than verizon okaying an unlock anyway.ill kick in 100 bucks to your donate account soon as root isaccomplished

I can't wait to have a full keyboard again this dx2 is killing me

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
well I am very confident it will get unlocked and rooted, either with an update in the near future or before from one of us. Just depends on how long they take to roll out that update I guess.

already tried to use a test unit SBF bricks the device doesn't
work.

-Local
Makes me more confident just knowing good devastating are on the case.

Would rather rely on you guys than verizon okaying an unlock anyway.ill kick in 100 bucks to your donate account soon as root isaccomplished

I can't wait to have a full keyboard again this dx2 is killing me

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Will it get rooted yes. But I would not hold my breath on Motorola actually unlocking vzw Android phones. If it happens great, kudos to Motorola for finally doing it. As of right now I.see the d3 with a bigger screen and a better keyboard. The d2 is a good phone and for people who dont care about roms it does the job.

sent from droidforums app

OP
L

localmuaythai

Reaction score
Eh. I have the dx2 right now. I came from a G2 running cm7 with a custom kernel. My G2 was def more responsive than thing. The screen on this dx2 is def nicer and ill say this - the build quality is much better on the dx2. Motor really knows how to make a device that looks good and fits well in the hand. But the software just isn't up to par.

Anyway this has gone far off topic. End note: I think motor makes some great hardware and I can't wait to see what our devs can do with it. I think a DROID 3 running miui would be the nicest thing on the planet!

Im getting three of them for my family on the 14th so any testing I can do to help let me know. I think the d3 will go perfectly with my tiamat 1.1 XOOM - just as soon as we get free wifi tethering working up in here =]