Portable battery

nikecar

Reaction score
I'll test it out going home and streaming Google Music which is a hog. I'll see what the % is pre charge, and after I get to my destination, which should be about 30 minutes.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well my battery is at 93% right now and doesn't really need to be charged, but for you.. ;)

So I'm typing away on my SwiftKey X keyboard, which I think reads what I'm replying to because it's so good with predictions, and I'm not noticing any erratic behavior at all. And Battery Indicator Pro now says I'm at 94%. So that's all good. :p

For me?? You are so kind!! :biggrin: But seriously, thanks. I have been having erratic behaviour when swyping, but I have a ZAGG screen protector on so it may be part of the cause. The reason I asked is when I noticed the problem I was connnected to the Motorola Portable Battery listed above. :frown:

I will have to spend more time trying with and without to be sure if it is responsible in any way.

nikecar

Reaction score
I went home last night, spend 30 minutes streaming Google Music in the car. I actually went up 10% (85%=>95%)

This morning on my 40 minute commute, I turned on the navigation through my car speakers, and kept the voice prompts on. It also went up 3% (95%=>98%). When I had used a generic car outlet with a USB port to make a 1.5hr trip, after using the navigation the entire trip, I was surprised to get there and see my phone was at 50%.

So to have this actually charge and increase while using the Navigation is a big plus.

SallyC

Reaction score
I went home last night, spend 30 minutes streaming Google Music in the car. I actually went up 10% (85%=>95%)

This morning on my 40 minute commute, I turned on the navigation through my car speakers, and kept the voice prompts on. It also went up 3% (95%=>98%). When I had used a generic car outlet with a USB port to make a 1.5hr trip, after using the navigation the entire trip, I was surprised to get there and see my phone was at 50%.

So to have this actually charge and increase while using the Navigation is a big plus.

Glad it's working out for you! Btw, I downloaded Toca Doctor for my iPod Touch. Being from a medical background, I love that kind of stuff anyway and will be seeing the 8 year old grandson tonight. He may be too old for it, but it looks fun and he loves to play with my iPod so it will be something new anyways. Thanks!

nikecar

Reaction score
Glad it's working out for you! Btw, I downloaded Toca Doctor for my iPod Touch. Being from a medical background, I love that kind of stuff anyway and will be seeing the 8 year old grandson tonight. He may be too old for it, but it looks fun and he loves to play with my iPod so it will be something new anyways. Thanks!

I saw on their website they have more. You might try to check out any of the other ones.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

SallyC

Reaction score
I saw on their website they have more. You might try to check out any of the other ones.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Here's loves Toca Doctor. We're in the car now and he blew through the lite version so I started up the Razr's MHS for the ipod touch to use so we could download the full version. Gotta love this phone!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's loves Toca Doctor. We're in the car now and he blew through the lite version so I started up the Razr's MHS for the ipod touch to use so we could download the full version. Gotta love this phone!

Now there's a power user!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max

m3incorp

Reaction score
I have the Scoshe IPBAT2 5000mAh that charges mine almost three times completely. This unit is almost the same as the NuTrent and I got it on sale for $39.
I tried The Motorola one that gives you one charge but found that usually when I was out and about, I needed something that would give me at least 2 charges.

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
So power Gen seems like its the company with the most reviews.
Right?
Anybody have any bad experiences with it or think of any company better?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
im trying to buy off of amazon because i have a gift card.
when using these external batteries, you cant use the usb charger that came with the phone to connect it to this?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
im trying to buy off of amazon because i have a gift card.
when using these external batteries, you cant use the usb charger that came with the phone to connect it to this?

I believe you are correct. The chargers for these devices are a barrel type connector (see Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad2, iPad, iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G (AT&T and Verizon), iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G 5G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP and much m ) bottom left corner.