There are so many choices now lol
How do i know which one is better?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
There are so many choices now lol
How do i know which one is better?

reviews and personal experience. I think many of these will be fine. I wanted one for about the price of my gift card. I don't want a larger one so that narrowed it down. I didn't want one with less than the power on my phone as I'd like at least a full charge.

I was looking at a Duracell one, i think the powerhouse, but that was 2000 mAh I think for the same price. I also looked at the Anker one and a Moto. the anker had less reviews and the Moto was more $. So since a majority of folks gave the powergen 5 stars, and someone here used it, I went with it.

nikecar

Reaction score
Awww, that sounds like fun. Our grandchildren like Ant Smasher. The three year old will smash the ants with his own finger, but when the bees come in the picture he grabs my husband's finger to squish them. :biggrin:

ah yes, he loves that. I have that on the iPod. If you have an iPod, look into Toca Doctor. HIGHLY rated and even my 7yo loves it. They have a free one and an extended level paid one. Sadly, its not on Android. :frown:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Awww, that sounds like fun. Our grandchildren like Ant Smasher. The three year old will smash the ants with his own finger, but when the bees come in the picture he grabs my husband's finger to squish them. :biggrin:

ROFLOL.

DeeMat

Reaction score
Just received my Anker Astro2 8400mAh External Battery Pack and will report back if it works as I expect it to.

nikecar

Reaction score
I have a New Trent 5000mAH batter from Amazon for about $32. Works well. Get about 2-3 full charges from it.

That shows as $40 on Amazon now.

I just got my PowerGen and man is it light and small. Think of an ipod, and shrink it down a tad. just a hair thicker than an ipod touch, but very nice. The micro cable isn't long, at least not long that I was willing to pull out. it extends about 2-3" and has a little raised part to pull it out, but otherwise is snug in the side.

Its a very glossy black on the front and back with a silver trim along the side. Top of the unit has the full USB port, and th microUSB port to charge it with included MicroUSB cable. Also has a strap hole to hook it up to a lanyard or wrist strap.

My coworker with the same Inc2 as me liked it so much he is going to order one himself. will post reviews later.

EDIT: 23 minutes charing and I'm up 15% so far. So I guess that means 2hrs to full charge if at empty?

Last edited:

SallyC

Reaction score
That shows as $40 on Amazon now.

I just got my PowerGen and man is it light and small. Think of an ipod, and shrink it down a tad. just a hair thicker than an ipod touch, but very nice. The micro cable isn't long, at least not long that I was willing to pull out. it extends about 2-3" and has a little raised part to pull it out, but otherwise is snug in the side.

Its a very glossy black on the front and back with a silver trim along the side. Top of the unit has the full USB port, and th microUSB port to charge it with included MicroUSB cable. Also has a strap hole to hook it up to a lanyard or wrist strap.

My coworker with the same Inc2 as me liked it so much he is going to order one himself. will post reviews later.

Glad you like it. It is nice and small, plus well designed. I have no complaints.

SallyC

Reaction score
Woah. That's way out of my budget lool

It's nice there are a variety of capacities and price points to choose from. Hopefully this thread has helped you ferret out what's a good choice for you.

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
It's nice there are a variety of capacities and price points to choose from. Hopefully this thread has helped you ferret out what's a good choice for you.

Yes it definitely has helped alot. That's why i love this forum lol without it I'd be stuck.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Glad you like it. It is nice and small, plus well designed. I have no complaints.

Hey Sally, have you done any actual using of the phone while connected to and charging from that device? I'm especially curious how it works while typing. What i'm interested in is whether the screen and text entry work naturally out if they seem erratic.

SallyC

Reaction score
Hey Sally, have you done any actual using of the phone while connected to and charging from that device? I'm especially curious how it works while typing. What i'm interested in is whether the screen and text entry work naturally out if they seem erratic.

Well my battery is at 93% right now and doesn't really need to be charged, but for you.. ;)

So I'm typing away on my SwiftKey X keyboard, which I think reads what I'm replying to because it's so good with predictions, and I'm not noticing any erratic behavior at all. And Battery Indicator Pro now says I'm at 94%. So that's all good. :p