Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

afterlight-android.png

Kind of a slow android news day so let's talk about another photo editing app shall we? :p Afterlight, a popular photo editing app on iOS due to its simplicity and quality, has just been released on the Play Store for Android devices running 4.0.3 and up.

Afterlight comes with all the photo editing capabilities you expect from similar apps and here are some of its features:

15 ADJUSTMENT TOOLS
Use any 15 uniquely made adjustment tools to enhance your images to perfection with ease.

59 FILTERS
Afterlight has 27 fully adjustable Original Filters, 14 Guest Filters by various Instagram users, and the new Seasons filter pack including 18 filters.

66 TEXTURES
Afterlight includes a range of real and natural light leaks we created with 35mm film and instant film, to simplistic scratchy film textures.

CROPPING & TRANSFORMING TOOLS
Crop your photos with our quick and easy cropping tool with 15 different presets.
Transform your photos with our rotating tool, vertical and horizontal flipping tools, and straightening.

FRAMES
77 different simplistic and adjustable frames, paired perfectly with Instagram. Now including the new Wallpaper Pack.

*Tag your photos on Instagram with #Afterlight and follow @afterlightapp for a chance to be featured on their official Instagram.

The app costs $0.99 but you will have to pay an additional $0.99 to unlock the Instant Film Pack which includes 22 textures and 7 frames. 5 of the filters are also locked until you like the app on Facebook. If that doesn't deter you from trying Afterlight, you can check it out in the link below.

Afterlight on the Play Store

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with these photo ruining apps. Why do people want to change what it really looks like? To me original is the mark of perfection, not distorted, blurred, discolored alteration.

I do use photo editing apps but only to crop or draw on a photo. For everything else that matters I use photoshop.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with these photo ruining apps. Why do people want to change what it really looks like? To me original is the mark of perfection, not distorted, blurred, discolored alteration.

I do use photo editing apps but only to crop or draw on a photo. For everything else that matters I use photoshop.
Other than crop or resize the file I'd like to have a good red eye reducer so mine won't have to be edited on a desktop or anything similar.
You're exactly right, why try to make a dead flower look vibrant and fresh? Often times the "imperfection" can make the shot unique and inspiring.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk