POP Compact Swappable Battery for iPhone and Android

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Back in the day of plastic back covers and removable batteries there existed ungodly "Extended Batteries". These batteries turned your phone into an absolute BRICK as if phones back in the day were not already thick and bulky. I can remember my Droid Bionic came with a 1860mah battery. This was my first ever 4G LTE smartphone and the included battery was enough to get me about half way through the day. Pretty soon I ordered a 4,000mah extended battery. It took some getting used to, but it was well worth never running out of juice.

Today's phones are much slimmer and have mostly non removable batteries and backs. They also for the most part get decent battery life with the new standard battery size reaching 3000mah. Of course for the power user even this is not enough. My Galaxy S7 Edge has a 3600mah battery. I get upwards of 6 hours of screen on time and always have about 20% battery left when I plug up my phone to go to sleep at night.

Many of you have expressed that you are able to drain even the largest of batteries. For you a new twist on the "Extended Battery" would probably be a welcomed idea. If that sounds like you the POP Limitless extension for iPhone and Android may be right up your ally. This is essentially a stick on battery enclosure that plugs into your charge port. It houses Samsung swappable batteries that you can change out on the fly just like in the days of the removable backs. The design is reminiscent of the battery case for the iPhone 6s.

POP is currently in the crowdfunding stage. They have so far reached $2324 of the $20,000 goal and they have a month left. They expect to ship units by September of this year. Head to the link below to check this out.

via Indiegogo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like the idea of extra battery and swappable spares, but I don't think I'd like the bulk of this thing. I'll just stick to my external power pack when needed and Quick Charge.
Yeah you can grab the last generation ones that are physically the size of a lip stick tube and pack enough juice for a full/nearly full for as little are as $5, keep a shorter micro usb cable handy (like I keep one in my glove box, another in my tool bag) and we can recharge our devices while in our pockets/purses. No more needing to be near a power outlet in airports, restaurants, out for a bike ride , at work , etc.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><