Poor signal strength

tattooz

Reaction score
I am very disappointed in the Pro's signal strength at my house. I just got the phone a couple days ago and absolutely love it except for the poor signal at my house. My Blackberry got poor signal (so I expected it) but it was 10x better than the Droid. Also the wifi reception distance on the Droid sucks! I used to be able to go to my swingset (200-300 feet outside the door) with the Blackberry and now with the Droid, I am lucky if it stays connected as soon as I walk out the door.

What gives? Could it be Gingerbread related? I doubt it, but worth asking.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am very disappointed in the Pro's signal strength at my house. I just got the phone a couple days ago and absolutely love it except for the poor signal at my house. My Blackberry got poor signal (so I expected it) but it was 10x better than the Droid. Also the wifi reception distance on the Droid sucks! I used to be able to go to my swingset (200-300 feet outside the door) with the Blackberry and now with the Droid, I am lucky if it stays connected as soon as I walk out the door.

What gives? Could it be Gingerbread related? I doubt it, but worth asking.
I haven't noticed a difference in phone signal strength or WiFi strength since updating to GB. I have read that the signal meter on the Pro (perhaps all Android phones, I don't know) is not necessarily a true signal strength meter but more like an indicator of how good a connection you have for passing data/text etc. Sort of the same thing...but not exactly. You can bet, whatever it is measuring, it is calibrated differently than your old Blackberry.