1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Poor signal strength

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by tattooz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. tattooz

tattooz New Member

I am very disappointed in the Pro's signal strength at my house. I just got the phone a couple days ago and absolutely love it except for the poor signal at my house. My Blackberry got poor signal (so I expected it) but it was 10x better than the Droid. Also the wifi reception distance on the Droid sucks! I used to be able to go to my swingset (200-300 feet outside the door) with the Blackberry and now with the Droid, I am lucky if it stays connected as soon as I walk out the door.

What gives? Could it be Gingerbread related? I doubt it, but worth asking.
  2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed a difference in phone signal strength or WiFi strength since updating to GB. I have read that the signal meter on the Pro (perhaps all Android phones, I don't know) is not necessarily a true signal strength meter but more like an indicator of how good a connection you have for passing data/text etc. Sort of the same thing...but not exactly. You can bet, whatever it is measuring, it is calibrated differently than your old Blackberry.
Search tags for this page
bad signal on droid 4

droid charge poor reception

droid charge weak signal

droid pro signal strength

droid pro weak signal strength
droid pro weak wifi signal
droid razr signal strength meter
droid x2 signal strenth poor
motorola droid pro low signal
motorola droid pro wifi weak
motorola razr poor signal strength